Sundown Audio

Hifonics ZRX2000.4 - Anywhere close to rated?

the_garynator

Got to love people that can hear power output. wish I had that ability

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

• 3 months later...

Hey! I'm new to this forum, and I know that the last post here was several months ago. But I'm going to add my 2 cents for future viewers. I have an ongoing issue concerning warranty coverage of my Zeus ZXi150.4. Which caused me to contact Hifonics for some information. I spoke a tech guy, who informed me that the Zeus ZRX2000.4 has the EXACT same board as the Zeus ZXi150.4. Only difference is the shell, and that the 2000.4 is actually inferior to the 150.4 as far as heat dissipation. Toth amps have the same output, and that the advertised increase in wattage is a marketing department decision, to increase entry level amplifier sales. (I know...WOW!!!) I wouldn't think, from what I have heard of Hifonics, that they would attempt to be this deceptive. But I guess, when it comes to business, everyone gets a little deceptive from time to time. SMH! I would also like to inform EVERYONE looking to buy Hifonics products, that your purchase MUST be made via an AUTHORIZED DEALER in order to be coverd under the manufacturer warranty! Hifonics WILL NOT HONOR PURCHASES THROUGH UNAUTHORIZED DEALERS!!! Make sure you check out the dealer with Hifonics before you make the purchase. I found this out the hard way. I bought my amp on AMAZON.COM. The seller was CARAUDIODEALS. The listing advertized the 1 year warranty (in 2 seperate places!). My amp went kablewy a month after installation. The amp is now discontinued (replaced by the 2000.4) and NO ONE wants to honor the advertized warranty! Not Hifonics, Not Amazon, and Not CARAUDIODEALS, who is ultimately responsible for making good on the warranty, since they deceptively advertized it in the listing, knowing that they were NOT an authorized dealer. If the warranty was good, Hifonics would simply replace my 150.4 with the 2000.4, at no additional charge to me. CARAUDIODEALS told me to "Sue us then. You'll get nothing." And that may be, just, what I have to do. Even if it's for sheer sake of principal! STAY AWAY FROM CARAUDIODEALS!!!! THEY DON'T EVEN ANSWER THE PHONE!!! YOU HAVE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR THEM TO CALL YOU BACK!!!

I have a zxi150.4 im happy but it overheats. I have it lifted up on mdf so air gets under it. Looks good maybe its over heating cause I have 2chs of 4 running at 1.5ohms ony turned off twice but it still works. For $200 brand new not to bad at all. Id buy an other if I could find one at that price

I'm running the zxi80.4 and I love it.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I ran nothing but Hifonics amps in most of my newer days of car stereo. I still run them now due to alternator issues. I've ran them in 4 different cars. I had a Brutus 1700 for subs, a few different 4 channels for mids and highs, and even (I want to say) a 2100 or 2400 (whatever it was) for subs at one point. I've NEVER had a problem at all with Hifi amps at all. Almost 6 years of using them. I'd pop fuses once in a while but that was due to me being a n00b to car audio. The amps take a beating and they still sound great. I've run 2ohm 6x9s off of the 4 channels. I've run 2 sets of 4 ohm dvc Punch 8"s for midbass, I've run 1 ohm sub loads. I've literally never had a problem with them. For the price they are legit. The only reason I am going to switch to a "higher" brand is because of a dream I've made up in my head. 1 TSNS t3 12" on a Crescendo 5500BC. Once I get the new alternator of course. I'm still running 4 POS Kicker CVR 10"s off a Hifonics ZRX 3200 at 1 ohm for almost 2 years and it still sounds great.

Archived