Sundown Audio

Hifonics ZRX2000.4 - Anywhere close to rated?

the_garynator

I was looking for a new mids and highs amp to replace my Kicker ZX650.4 that took a swim in my spare tire well and came across this. I did a ton of searching and can't seem to find any information on it other then places that sell it. It doesn't seem to be CEA rated, and I know Hifonics is hit or miss. I'm assuming it's too good to be true seeing how cheap it is, but figured I'd see if anyone has had experience with it or with others from this line.

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B007162ZHW

Thanks

Gary

I have 2 hfi 2000d and hfi 800 rms 4 channel I've had them for about a month now and there working great but it's still to early to give you a reliability answer they definitely seem to be putting out what they say rms wise. But you gotta make sure there tuned right because I've heared they do shit the bed when there not tuned right and clipping. as long as there tuned right you should be good.

all the Hifonics amps I have seen (BRZ and BXI) that weren't the HiFi line have done rated power...personally I think Hifonics are pretty damn good for the price..2000k watt 4 channel for under 300...good luck finding anything comparable for that price point

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Rated or a little less : you won't notice anything by ear

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Thanks everyone...just was worried that for some reason they would have listed peak power instead of RMS like they usually do. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this and see what she can do. Anyone else have other insight?

This is regarding the ZRX line of amplifiers in specific. I'm fairly familiar with the other lines that Hifonics sells as well as their overall reputation.

• 2 months later...

the_garynator did you buy one of those hifonics amps? if so what do you think of them? i am interested in them but havent seen any reviews like you havent. pm me if you can with it. I kno this is an old post

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

I clampped my brz1200 at 1204 @ 1.3 ohms

At what voltage?

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie: