Sundown Audio

Finally dead?

Actually had the same amp like 3 or 4 years ago. It always would hit alot quieter after heavy bass notes and then go back to playing normally. Apparently it's not all too uncommon.

I've had it installed for 3 years now, its just now starting to do this, used to take the abuse all day long. Im probably going with an AQ, which I've been wanting to do for a while, just need to save up some cash and keep the volume down for now while the shifty kenwood is on its last leg. I didn't expect it to last this long even.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Actually had the same amp like 3 or 4 years ago. It always would hit alot quieter after heavy bass notes and then go back to playing normally. Apparently it's not all too uncommon.

I've had it installed for 3 years now, its just now starting to do this, used to take the abuse all day long. Im probably going with an AQ, which I've been wanting to do for a while, just need to save up some cash and keep the volume down for now while the shifty kenwood is on its last leg. I didn't expect it to last this long even.

Hmm, well mine started after about 3 months, but it held up for another year, sold it to a friend and as far as I know it's still going strong. Not the greatest thing ever, but a fairly budget friendly amp that the average person can link to a namebrand.

Those amps I posted are just as good as Aq if not better. Y r u stuck on Aq so much? Just curious

Edited by STL

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)

ohm's law volts x amps / ohms wow i thought some people would have typed it correctly

don't forget box rise so your 2 ohms is actually higher but it is very difficult to calculate in a small time frame

Kenwood is not junk i have a kenwood in my mom's car that takes abuse and has still worked for two years even being clipped to high hell

ok maybe the 5 way 6x9 in my grand am i had was junk for a speaker but not all speakers are junk from them

if you can i would try taking it apart and clean the dust out like someone mentioned until you get another amp

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

you want try the brz1700.1d they do rated and are cea2006 compliant and i love mine you have the big 3 and 1/0awg that should be fine at2ohm for ele

90 honda civic lx 4 door

sony cd head unit

mmats mp5 eq/crossover/line driver

35 farad hybred cap

ppi sedona 430ix on mids/highs

hifonics brutus brz1700.1d @2 ohm 1200w rms

front/jl audio evo 6.5 components

rear/kove audio 2 way 5.25

subs/pioneer premier tsw3002spl 12x2 1000wrms ea 3000w peak

and a hi amp alt 160a

http://www.stevemead...0s-honda-civic/

i would go with a hifonics brutus, the BRZ1700 seems to suit your needs.. i had a kenwood 8104D for about a year in my car, i was happy with it for the price and after plenty of abuse it still works, it used to heat up and go into protect every once in a while but only after beating on it for a while with the gain prob up to much

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg