Second Skin Audio

New box question, RE XXX 15"

I have been succesful adding 1/2 inch here and there, in your case 1/2 inch taller could be tried.

But if truly are your max dims then Ok, build it kile that, will sound better than the one you have there, also try it everything fiting frontwards. Sometimes is better.

Edited by Joe X

Is this the 15" model? If so, aim for ~4.5ft^3 tuned to 30hz with ~60in^2 of port. The new XXX's need large low-tuned boxes to work well.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Lol. No. 30 hz box just emphasises the only thing this sub does. Dont go below a 34hz tuning. And dont make some huge box either, just makes this sub sloppier then it already is.

Btw dont listen to anyones box design advise that doesnt know about power your runni.g also.

Lol. No. 30 hz box just emphasises the only thing this sub does. Dont go below a 34hz tuning. And dont make some huge box either, just makes this sub sloppier then it already is.

Btw dont listen to anyones box design advise that doesnt know about power your runni.g also.

I think RAM knows what he's doing ! :WTFBubble:

You both have very different opinions ! but I'd listen to RAM rather than an Asshole (what a name !!!!! lol).

BTW do you know how much power is he running ?

Edited by notorious97200

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.