nice work so far!!

Thanks, I'm going to try to get a bit more work done on the port section. With all my testing for SPL with WinISD, I decided to just go with Hifonics' SPL numbers being 2.75ft^3 per sub and 3.5"x12.5"x18.75". So with my ports combined, it will be 7"x12.5"x18.75" which I think will look ridiculous for 2 12's but that is the measurements tuned at 39Hz which is a good number for me because I listen to a lot of rock.

This is basically just for daily driving but I would like it to still be impressive. I'm not really trying to win, though I will be going to shows with friends.

Btw for those who are watching, I'm sorry it's a slow build but with all the angles I have to make a ton of measurements to make sure I'm correct on my volume. Plus I've been a bit busy and I have a laziness disease that makes it so that after I wake up if I don't have to be somewhere I don't get much done.

I cut 2 more plexiglass pieces these ones I don't know what I will have on them. Maybe my name as a signature, maybe I'll think of something original as well, but I have to get my cuts in at the machine shop before I'm no longer a student or he will not let me do the cuts and he will charge me if he does them.

CAR GETS RETUNED ON THE 16th. Hoping for better numbers this time.

This is all I was able to do today.

IMG_1738.jpg

It's not perfect, this is just testing it out but I do like it. I will try to get it more even later and cut it to 12.5" like I need it. It will be fiberglassed so it will be stronger. Just figured I'd have it cut the air.

IMG_1739.jpg

Here's where it will be.

IMG_1740-1.jpg

I'm still having to work on the Engineering Project daily to try to get it done this week and I'm looking for a job.

Bought a manual boost gauge today so that I can make sure I'm at 10psi, I think my spring softened and will only get me to a little over 8psi. That's probably only 425+RWHP so I want it to be 10psi. Looking for at least 460+RWHP but I really want something closer to 500.

So today I'm going to show my engineering project I've been working on as it's final outcome. I don't plan on going into too much detail on what it is, but we were to create methane hydrate. I'll try to give some detail on whats going on in some pics.

The fixture

IMG_1758.jpg

Cylinder (pressure vessel)

IMG_1745.jpg

Jack

IMG_1741.jpg

Sensors and the methane gas ($250 for that bottle.... ridiculous)

IMG_1755.jpg

Assembled and inside of our freezer.

IMG_1773.jpg

A closeup of the capturing and measuring device. (simple is best for low budget)

IMG_1779.jpg

Here is the setup with everything hooked up the a DAQ and being read by my computer.

IMG_1790.jpg

This is what it all came down to. Everything went great on it as well. I'm sure noone wants me to go into further detail so tomorrow I plan on getting work done on my oil and boost setup tomorrow.

Methane hydrate is basically trapped methane gas inside of the ice. Melting the ice releases the gas and natural gas is 70-90% methane gas. The reason this is important is because there is more gas than all the other forms of fuel combined.

I didn't get anything done on my car today. Was sick.

very nice work man, and I'm digging the turbo stang

Thanks man, I like how your doors came out on your ride. I'll be posting the dyno numbers soon so stay tuned for those.

I bought a manual boost gauge so I will be 100% sure I can get 10psi and if thats not enough to get 500rwhp then I'll think about upping it a bit to get the 500.

Consider the internals before going over 500hp. I'm weary of the stock connecting rods at 450 even.

I've talked to a lot of people and they told me the stock engine can handle up to 550rwhp. I have seen quite a few over 600rwhp and even some over 700rwhp. I don't run my car hard and most the time drive it like a granny so I'm sure it will last me at least 1-2 years(minimum). By that time I should have a job and I will most likely be able to work on the engine. :D

Archived