Sonic Electronix

I'm about to give up on car audio!!!

Yes I am positive it's wired to 1 ohm. Rear speakers are still in, its a daily driver so I dont wanna take them out. I'm not trying to win comps but I wanna know why my stuff is hitting so soft.

you wont miss those speakers. ill bet they sound like ass anyways.

I'll bet your wrong. They are infinity reference and actually sound pretty damn good.

your arguement is that you have $50 coaxials? i bet they sound like ass lol. im really not trying to be a dick, i just found that funny. but the pressure from the subs will make those speakers distort. doesnt matter what they are.

i gave two other options though. the 1st one was the most important.

I'm not saying they are the best on the market, also weren't $50 as I see your running 6.5" Pioneer rears... Dont think they cost much more...

Also not all about trying to argue on here. Just trying to get some help and didn't see how taking out the rear speakers was going to help me.

Having removed my rear speakers, I can confirm that it does help. It's louder w/o the speakers back there cause it allows more bass into the cabin area via those openings. Not necessarily a night and day difference like he's trying to suggest, but enough to keep me from putting the rear speakers back in. So basically what i'm saying is taking the rears out isn't going to make your bass blow your wig back if it's underwhelming right now.

who said it would be a night and day difference?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

do you have any videos of how it sounds maybe your just expecting to much from it is the sub a 12 or a 15

No I do not, I just made the box today and put it in around 10:00 so I didn't really have a chance. But it's a 15

do you have any videos of how it sounds maybe your just expecting to much from it is the sub a 12 or a 15

No I do not, I just made the box today and put it in around 10:00 so I didn't really have a chance. But it's a 15

Should be moving some kinda air then..

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

the problem lies in your amp/head unit, if its like mine i have to have the sub level to +6 to even get a signal, and i still have my gain between 1/2 and 3/4, i also put my loudness on, thats just me, well with this headunit at least, turn your loudness to mid, turn your sub level to +6, retune with the DD1 and use track 7, and turn your box around and fold the seats down, then let us know, if that doesnt fix it im going to guess your wiring, if thats not it, then somethings up with your amp

identifiy, isolate, eliminate boys!

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

the problem lies in your amp/head unit, if its like mine i have to have the sub level to +6 to even get a signal, and i still have my gain between 1/2 and 3/4, i also put my loudness on, thats just me, well with this headunit at least, turn your loudness to mid, turn your sub level to +6, retune with the DD1 and use track 7, and turn your box around and fold the seats down, then let us know, if that doesnt fix it im going to guess your wiring, if thats not it, then somethings up with your amp

identifiy, isolate, eliminate boys!

Lol that's how mine is set up but I used track 5 instead of 7. Loudness is mid and sub level is +6 although I heard thats not the way to go.

But I have class in the morning so i'm gonna get to bed, I will try to respond to and feedback in the morning.

Thanks for all the help!

^this i believe your problem might be within the headunit since its happened with 2 amps already i have a 15 fi bl also on a sundown 2500 my seats dont fold at all the gas tank is between the sub box and the seats theres metal and foam in between also and the only place the sound can come in through is where the factory subs were on the rear deck and to me it sounds good. Also i believe its the headunit since i was trying to dd1 my cousins system and his pioneer headunit wouldnt get the sub loud until you turned on loudness and raised the sub out all the way.

edit: also its best to use track 3 to avoid clipping since track 5 will clip if you listen to certain songs above -10

Well as I learned in a thread yesterday from Ray that all headunits need to have the sub level maxed before setting the gain, if not you don't get the full preamp voltage. Also since you are using a gain knob (correct?) then you should have it all the way up also.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

i don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but i'll throw in an experience i had...

first system was bumping fine one day, then the next i had about half the output

turns out there was a bad solder connection or something within the RCA

had the RCA's replaced and it was back to normal

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived