sprkn_ranger's DC audio build. *Kerfing has begun*

Well I got the sub holes all cut out and started getting my baffles/port kerfs cut. I'm taking a break right now but I'm hoping to get back out and finish the kerf cuts tonight. Here's a couple pics of the kerf bend I cut so far.

83cd536a.jpg

2d1a9681.jpg

Looks great bro! And congrats! Your very good with the wood lol

I hope my box comes out half as nice

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Looks great bro! And congrats! Your very good with the wood lol

I hope my box comes out half as nice

Thanks man!

And :finger: I'm not good with wood!! I'm good with a saw :D

But thanks though man! :good:

Congrats on the new addition!

I got "fixed" a while back... if my wife showed up pregnant I'd be looking for a lawyer, LOL.

Shit now I'm scared. 'bout to set an appointment with the urologist and get checked out :trippy:

EDIT: and back on topic that kerf is sexy bro.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Congrats on the new addition!

I got "fixed" a while back... if my wife showed up pregnant I'd be looking for a lawyer, LOL.

Shit now I'm scared. 'bout to set an appointment with the urologist and get checked out :trippy:

EDIT: and back on topic that kerf is sexy bro.

Lol yea that wouldn't be good.

Oh and thanks! :drinks:

Well I fucked up, and I'm really pissed about it. I had my baffles all cut, and had the sub mounting holes cut out with the router, and I cut ALL of my kerfs and apparently I measured my circumference wrong and my radius is too big :glare:

What I did wrong was instead of measuring 1/4 the distance of the circumference For my 90 degree turns, I measured 1/2 the distance of my circumference :facepalm: what really makes me mad is that I can't "fix" the pieces, so I have to scrap the two baffles and start over.

Even though I fucked up on them, I'm still gonna show you guys a picture of them cause they took a while to cut them out and they did turn out good even though the are wrong :D

Lots of saw dust, and wife's toes lol

999fbcc4.jpg

And the fucked up baffles:

1786c52b.jpg

I'm hoping to get the new baffles cut out tomorrow but we will see. I only get a little bit of time each day to work on the box, so when I screw up like this it really irritates me!! Oh well, live and learn :pardon:

Good practice anyway.

Yea, I keep telling myself that, but it's not making me feel any better! Lol

I was bound to make a big mistake sooner or later everything was going too smooth lol.

Well I got a little progress done on the box today. I got one of the baffles cut out and mocked up with clamps. It's not glued yet but it's enough to get an idea of what it looks like :)

It was all cut right this time too! :yahoo:

901b958a.jpg

d15644b9.jpg

9ac65c9e.jpg

I should be getting some resin either today or tomorrow and will be getting some more done on the box. I'll probobly get the other baffle cut today also.

Oh and FUCK mdf dust lol

This looks real good! The finished product will be sexy for sure!

2001 VW Passat Sportwagen

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Tantric Sounds 6.5HD's, Sundound Audio SA-6.5CS

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

XS batteries, KnuKonceptz wirez, Second Skin

Archived