Using a car subwoofer and amplifier in your room

Yeah, a plate amp will make your life way easier, plus a 400 watt psu for example won't do 400 watts at 12v if you look at the specs, and a good psu isn't cheap either.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Or there is also the route of using a DJ amp *cough cough*

I went the cheap way and watched a video on YouTube on how to do it.

1st- I bought a 2 channel and a 4 channel amp for $20 off of a guy on CL. Nothing expensive or good quality but that wasn't what I was looking for in this as it was a project

2nd- I went to a resale shop and bought a couple power supplies with amp ratings that were higher than that of the fuse rating on the amps.

3rd- I watched the YouTube video on how to set it up.

It's really easy and only ended up costing me about $30 in parts. I also bought a power strip to have the power supply hooked up to since the power supply I got didn't come with a on/off switch. But you have to jump two wires on the main connector so the power supply gets the signal to turn on (the power supply fan didn't turn on with either of my power supply's but they still worked and didn't get hot). Then you need to take a couple of the yellow wires and cut and strip them then run them to the amps +, and cut and strip some black wires then run them to the amps -. Then you jump the amps + to the remote and you are good to go!

I'm currently using the 4 channel on some home audio 15's and a small car audio sub/tweeter combo and it shakes my whole house. What I used was two RCA (2 male to 1 female) splitters and a RCA to headphone jack plug so you cover all 4 channels an can plug it into anything with a headphone jack!

Hope this helped

I went the cheap way and watched a video on YouTube on how to do it.

1st- I bought a 2 channel and a 4 channel amp for $20 off of a guy on CL. Nothing expensive or good quality but that wasn't what I was looking for in this as it was a project

2nd- I went to a resale shop and bought a couple power supplies with amp ratings that were higher than that of the fuse rating on the amps.

3rd- I watched the YouTube video on how to set it up.

It's really easy and only ended up costing me about $30 in parts. I also bought a power strip to have the power supply hooked up to since the power supply I got didn't come with a on/off switch. But you have to jump two wires on the main connector so the power supply gets the signal to turn on (the power supply fan didn't turn on with either of my power supply's but they still worked and didn't get hot). Then you need to take a couple of the yellow wires and cut and strip them then run them to the amps +, and cut and strip some black wires then run them to the amps -. Then you jump the amps + to the remote and you are good to go!

I'm currently using the 4 channel on some home audio 15's and a small car audio sub/tweeter combo and it shakes my whole house. What I used was two RCA (2 male to 1 female) splitters and a RCA to headphone jack plug so you cover all 4 channels an can plug it into anything with a headphone jack!

Hope this helped

I did my set up the same way.ihave a kicker kx800.4 runnIng 2pioneer 3way 6.5's and 2pioneer 3way 4x6's. Andon the otherhalf of the amp I bridged the channels so I could run a pioneer 12 slim. It sounds great and its already way too loud for an apartment lol the only problem is I have some crackling but I think thats just due to cheap rca's

2005 ford explorer xlt limited 4x4

2 xs power d3400s

2 runs of shca

mid/ highs- infinity 6x8 3 ways

2 18 ssa icons

2 aq 1200.1 @ 2 ohms

10 cubes tuned to 36 hrz

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a marine battery and a "Battery Tender" battery charger and it stays charged when it's not in use. It's cheaper and not very difficult to use. The downside is that it's a car battery...

Archived