Battery quesiton..

the whole point of getting extra batteries is to be able to have juice to run your stereo. of course its not to help start your car. when you add extra batts, ALWAYS have your car running so it can charge your extra batts.

"The only thing a second battery will help you with is "parking lot" listening time. Basically it will provide you the additional capacity to run your stereo longer without starting the vehicle. After the vehicle is started the second battery becomes another load on an already overworked alternator." That's not what he stated.. he's saying the only thing they are good for car audio wise is when the car is off..

thats what the external link said. of course itll be easier to play your system with your car off when you have extra batteries, but, its not charging when the car is off, risking dipping to low voltage numbers and burning stuff up

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

the whole point of getting extra batteries is to be able to have juice to run your stereo. of course its not to help start your car. when you add extra batts, ALWAYS have your car running so it can charge your extra batts.

Actually, It can help when starting your car, Especially in the cold mornings. Not really saying the whole point is just for Car Audio, But. Mine use to be sluggish on starts with a single battery, And now that i have quiet a few, It helps, and i can be assured, I won't have a dead battery. ( Knock on wood. ) And I think there was an argument before over this on facebook, About alt's, and multiple batteries. And how the Alt's are not for true battery charging, They are for maintaining the batteries, and keeping them charged, And you need to keep them topped off with an actual charger. That's why alt's go bad. I know there is a lot more then what im saying now, And being tired doesn't help.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

it all depends on your power. if you have a little 250 watt amp, youre not gonna have any issues. but when you get into big boy numbers, you'll need extra batteries, H/O alt, and big wires. you gotta know what you're doing first, which is good that you're researching and learning

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

I understand that the batteries help, I've seen it.. but from what I'm reading here it only helps when your car is off.. giving you what he calls "Parking lot" time to listen to you music while the car is not on.. is the information just misleading?
No, they help when the car is running also. batteries help fill in when an alternator can't keep up. Of course, you have to keep these batteries charged or your alternator will die a faster death than normal.

Right, so the information IS misleading because it can also help when the car is ON as long as you keep them charged up.

and if ur voltage drops from too much draw, it helps stabalize it...he is misleading, it is correct in the fact that u can listen longer with the car off....but thats not a good idea with big systems. ur alternator helps to charge them, but nothing beats a good night or so of charging.

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

Right, so the information IS misleading because it can also help when the car is ON as long as you keep them charged up.

correct, however, he was correct in saying they are an extra drain on the alternator. Once they are used up, they have to be recharged. Best bet is to charge them up every night and keep an eye on your voltage while playing. If your voltage starts dropping low and stays there, cut off the music and let stuff catch back up. Also, no need to run the stereo with the alternator not running.

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

"The only thing a second battery will help you with is "parking lot" listening time. Basically it will provide you the additional capacity to run your stereo longer without starting the vehicle. After the vehicle is started the second battery becomes another load on an already overworked alternator." That's not what he stated.. he's saying the only thing they are good for car audio wise is when the car is off..
thats what the external link said. of course itll be easier to play your system with your car off when you have extra batteries, but, its not charging when the car is off, risking dipping to low voltage numbers and burning stuff up

I'm aware :) I just wanted to make sure that they DID help when the car was running as well.. not just when it was off. Now I know they do help.. the information in the link just confused me.. wanted to make sure they helped. Thanks for the info guys :)

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Let me say that it's not extra batteries that will kill your alternator - its the process of charging them again if you have discharged them from playing your system: aka high load for a long time for your alternator.

If you charge them nightly, that shouldn't be a huge worry. I have 4 extra batteries and they only pull 2 extra amps off the alternator when they are charged all the way.

I'm aware :) I just wanted to make sure that they DID help when the car was running as well.. not just when it was off. Now I know they do help.. the information in the link just confused me.. wanted to make sure they helped. Thanks for the info guys :)

not a problem. its good that you're researching and asking qustions before you mess up something. i do it all the time if im not 100% sure about something, i research, ask questions, then tackle whatever my project is

Fixed!

Get a new girlfriend.

Let me say that it's not extra batteries that will kill your alternator - its the process of charging them again if you have discharged them from playing your system: aka high load for a long time for your alternator.

If you charge them nightly, that shouldn't be a huge worry. I have 4 extra batteries and they only pull 2 extra amps off the alternator when they are charged all the way.

maintaining the batteries won't really hurt they alt, but draining them and then using the alt to charge them will shorten the life of the alt.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

it all depends on your power. if you have a little 250 watt amp, youre not gonna have any issues. but when you get into big boy numbers, you'll need extra batteries, H/O alt, and big wires. you gotta know what you're doing first, which is good that you're researching and learning

Yeah, trust me I understand that. Not completely oblivious. Going to end up doing the big three, with a extra battery.. running 1500 watts, SKAR 1500.1 and a DC level 4 m2. I research things to protect my equipment and further my knowledge. :) Reading up to make sure I won't need a H/O Alt being that mines only 90 amps.. Thanks for chiming in man, I appreciate everyone's quick feedback.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.