Sonic Electronix

like the title says, whats the best or strongest adhesive out there that will withstand vibration preferred for wood to wood contact or wood to metal contact?

i have these here now -liquid naild, loctite PL premium 3x stronger, loctite PL400? i here that f26 adhesive is very good too. if not the ones i have what others?

Edited by knowledge

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Idk about metal to wood but wood to wood you aught to be good any type of wood glue. The mdf or whatever you using will probably break/rip before the glued joints came loose because it fuses the fibers together as if its one peice as long as your using enough to cover the areas completely

2003 rsx:Alpine CDE-102Fosgate P300-1Fosgate P1 6.5"s15" Re SRX

i know wood to wood any wood glue would work i use tight bond but i was wondering if their is any adhesive comparable.

now wood to metal as if i was gonna put mdf to the roof for extra support or brace. i need something good that people has used before with great results since im gonna try something.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

I personally used PL400 for my boxes and its very strong, same with pl premium.

Wood glue

Pros: Dries fast, Very strong if used correctly, no strong smell, easy to spread cleans up easier.

Cons: Messy, drips alot, Can be more expensive and some are temperature sensitive.

PL Adheisives

Pros: Very strong, affordable, easy to use (caulking gun), Don't have to spread it.

Cons: Very strong Smell that can linger indoors. Very hard to get off of clothes and other things. Takes 24-48 hours to cure.

Edited by Amart88

I heard a story recently of someone using JB Woodweld epoxy for wood-wood that held really well, but he had to buy quite a bit.

And for wood-metal I have used J-B weld alot since it holds so well from porous to non-porous surfaces in my car, which shakes and moves all day and the weld has never even cracked or chipped or anything, looks like i just set it the day before.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

i just used the liquid nails wood glue thinking it would be better cuz its like a glue and sealer in one and i was very unimpressed with the adhesion, the liquid nails construction is some good shit tho. i dont know how well it would bond to metal but u could do a test run on some scraps

great info guys im gonna do some little sample test and see witch bonds better but i too was leaning towards the PL unless theirs different opinions

REFF'S
My link
EBAY