Sonic Electronix

So, little run down and some advice needed from people with much more experience then myself.

Currently running a Kicker l5 12", custom box, Kenwood 9105D. Yellow top / 136 factory alt. 4 Gauge all around, solid grounds etc..,

This wasn't enough for me anymore, so I recently purchased an SAE 1200Dv2 and 2x SA-12 D4's.... I sure hope they sound better and hit much harder then what I got....However....

Im worried Im getting "in too deep" as far as the electrical needs of the new setup goes. I know voltage drops will happen, Im not super anal about wanting a perfect voltage, Car runs just fine, slight headlight blink @ idle, but starts everyday without a hiccup. However, I need my ride to start everyday, without worry with the new setup.

I thought I knew some things about car audio and stuff, but the more I read, the more I get confused and worried. Some say setups similar to mine will be fine on the electrial, others say 0 gauge all around, new alt, new under hood batt, 2 for the back and you will be good. Dang, I dont want/have the time or money to invest in all that crap atm. Thats like 1000 bucks right there just for the parts! I know you guys understand the pain...

I just wanted to get some better bass ya know, and now it feels like Im going deeper in deeper into the money pit. I will not upgrade any more past what I just bought/am buying. I dunno how to change alternators, wire batterys without them blowing up, why do I have to charge a brand new battery I just bought? I dont have a charger. I dont even know what battery will fit in my ride lol. Not like autozone carrys this junk and I can try and see what fits... Know what I mean?

For the time being, I may just run those subs super under rated power (The Kenwood ), I dunno..... I know you guys have much more knowledge on this stuff then I, which is why Im asking for any advice...

Edit: 1st Post, long time lurker!

i didnt read much after the first paragraph, but that 1200 wont put too much strain, you should be fine on stock electrical or just a little extra AGM battery. 1500rms is usually where people draw the line for electrical upgrades from stock. Big 3 will be a must though, should only be about 50 bucks in nice 1/0, and that's all i would probably do for 1200rms.

edit: if you have the dough, shell out for a nice starter batt from XS, Stinger, Kinetik, etc. to replace the stock battery, that and big 3 should hold you at a good voltage. and everyone starts somewhere...

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

for 1200, Id just do 1/0 all around, big 3 and whatever xs power fits in your car. If you want to keep the optima under the hood you should be able to get by with a xs xp950 in the back. Its like $110 shipped with the group buy going on.. What car is it?

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

def do the big three with 1/0 thats a must as far as alt you should be fine keep the yellow top under the hood and get a small supplemental battery in the back nothing huge, you can get small batteries for cheap while xs is the best you can get by with cheaper ! your not in to deep !!! the only thing your getting deep into is the addiction this wonderful hobby has to offer ! good luck and happy bumpin

Archived