Sonic Electronix

Shallow mount subs...whos rockin them?

Well just picked up the new whip...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara edition..loaded up.

It has the top of the line infinity navi system..but yes its pretty weak. I know im changing out the front stage and its very muddy and just belnds all the music together. The tweeters mounted on the dash sound like tiny mid range speaker. But the worst is the factory 7in sub in back....just a powered 7in midbass really. So im lookiong to add subs first since i have my ED NINE.1 amp just laying around now. Looking at shallow mount subs because i dont want to put myED 15's in it and kill all the rear storage area.

Ive been looking and thinking about the Pioneer shallow mounts...the top of the line ones. Someone suggested the Fosgates...but then I found the Koles.. http://koleaudio.com/products_woofers_mfw.html

and they seem pretty promising...and I found them for under 100 bucks brand new. About 130 for the pioneers. So if anyone has any shallow mount experiance im all ears!

Thanks, Vince

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.

what you running them in and how much power you feeding them?

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.

I am currently running a shallow 10" Fosgate in a sealed box in my 350z. It;s good clean bass being powered by the rear channels of a 4 channel fosgate amp. The sub is getting about 200wrms and the is tuned with a DD-1

how would you guys compare them to normal depth subs...as far as output?

They suck lol. they can't have nearly as much linear excursion as regular subs.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.