Tried running it through with that spot, metal of the door gouged the shit out of the insulation, right down to the wire. Just looked it up and what I've got is 14 AWG lol, so I'm gonna run to the store and pick up a fat roll of 18 AWG and try again.

Lol, that blows. I said Fuck it and went and got 100' of 16 AWG and another 100' of 18 AWG just to be safe. 16 worked and I have the wire pulled into the driver rear door. Just working on the mounting ring and putting the SS on the passenger rear now. Gotta find something for the wife to do this weekend so she'll get off my back for working on the car :pardon:

This is one of my trim rings, kinda ugly but I'll be working on it tomorrow.

IMG_3066.jpg

Compared to the bottom part of the stock speaker I cut off.

IMG_3067.jpg

Took the passenger rear door speaker out and destroyed it for fun.

IMG_3068.jpg

Look at the wee little voice coil lol

IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

Second skin on the PR door is done, just need to run wire to it. Then on both rear doors, just need to mount the crossover and speaker, wire 'em up, and put the doors back together.

So, got a little work done to each of the back doors.

Driver Rear

IMG_3072.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

Passenger Rear

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3080.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

My temporary labels, gotta figure out something more permanent

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

Also looking at where to flush mount the tweeters for the rear doors. The way the door is molded, in many spots the panel is too close to the inside of the doors webbing to mount them. Here's one panel, no tweet:

IMG_3077.jpg

Thinking here would be a decent spot, depth seems to be good enough I shouldn't have clearance issues and this angles the tweeters toward the rear passengers and up a little:

IMG_3078.jpg

Have you put any power to the tweets yet to see/hear how much they actually put out? If you have, and the output is on the lower side of the scale, I'd recommend putting them up a little higher, that's if you've got the room for it. Maybe in the top part where the trim is black... But that almost looks like vinyl? So I dunno how you'd feel about cutting into that.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Oh, it's plastic for sure LOL. Only thing is, I've been reading around and found these tweeters really start to get loud after they get past ~50 Wrms, part of the reason I want to keep the back ones low. The way the door panel's curves are, the tweet would be pointing towards the middle/opposite passenger of the back seat. Sort of.

Archived