Second Skin Audio

I have been suckered into building a box for a Tahoe. For a kid who paid 275 for a prefab box

MrFree

hope it wasn't you that convinced him that he paid too much for that box... there are two things that will happen in life:

1. most people are 100% convinced that what you pay for is what you get.

2. no good deed goes unpunished.

I know you want to help your friend out and all, but be careful because the only people who appreciate DIY are DIYers. There's a mentality of "If it wasn't better then why do they sell more?" floating around in our marketing driven society.

/rain on parade.

EDIT: If you still want to do it (for the practice, or if you really think he'll like it) then make sure you finish the outside of the box nicely. I've just seen this a million times. Also be wary of him coming back and having you do his friends installs for free.

/aftershower

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

does the tahoe have cargo anchors? You can build a poor-mans t-line really fast if so.. for a quick test.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

does the tahoe have cargo anchors? You can build a poor-mans t-line really fast if so.. for a quick test.

Please explain. I myself am a poor man, and have always wanted to build a t-line. Please.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

The kid is coming over today so we can get started first Im going to try my L-port 3.5cube@35Hz and then I'm going to put a common middle port 5.cube@around 40-45Hz and see what the difference's are like. So I can get a better picture hopefully I also have a 1. to 1.5 cube box sealed I was going to run some sweeps just to feel the truck out some before I decide on what design I go with. STEvil what were you thinkin 2 story single u turn t-line, subs up port on the floor on the sub side?

R.I.P...99'Dodge Grand Caravan

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Subs-(12's)2 Orion xtr124

Amp-Coustic600se

battery-2 x stock, 1x Shuriken SK-BT20

Box-L-ported 3.562cubes@35Hz

miscellaneous-stinger volt-meter, gain nob, (coming soon bass pro,eq,line drive)

I dont have flex yet but damn I sound good,(coming soon....flex)

Check out my HHR install

Everything I install or build here:http://s1160.photobu...s/q485/MrBfree/

Also video's of my Car with the new box.http://www.youtube.c...lentGyge/videos

build starts today [email protected] me luck

R.I.P...99'Dodge Grand Caravan

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Subs-(12's)2 Orion xtr124

Amp-Coustic600se

battery-2 x stock, 1x Shuriken SK-BT20

Box-L-ported 3.562cubes@35Hz

miscellaneous-stinger volt-meter, gain nob, (coming soon bass pro,eq,line drive)

I dont have flex yet but damn I sound good,(coming soon....flex)

Check out my HHR install

Everything I install or build here:http://s1160.photobu...s/q485/MrBfree/

Also video's of my Car with the new box.http://www.youtube.c...lentGyge/videos

Please explain. I myself am a poor man, and have always wanted to build a t-line. Please.

Build a 5-sided box with subs up (no floor). On the side that faces the rear hatch leave a gap about 8 inches tall on the floor and position the box about 8 inches from the hatch. Internally anchor the box to the floor of the vehicle (this is why cargo anchors are needed).

You can add some peices to extend the "port" along the hatch if you want but the idea is to be fast and simple. Obviously its very close to a free-air enclosure but thats almost what a t-line is anyways ; )

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived