What is a realistic budget for what I am trying to accomplish

i done a dual cab truck

4 doors and floor, no roof for $250 in dynamat

floor,firewall, behind rear seat and rear shelf with

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3132_Dynamat-Xtreme-Door-Kit-10435.html

and

for every 2 door

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3132_Dynamat-Xtreme-Door-Kit-10435.html

this stuff takes a long time to apply to doors and i would invest in the app tool

its not the best stuff on the market, but it was the right price and the easiest to apply

It takes me longer to tear apart and put back together my truck then it does to apply.

I did both doors iwth multiple layers inside and outside in under two hours.

Good materials are easy to work wiht.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

@N8, Edit-(fullly understood your last post) I can tear down like no other, application takes me a bit, but the re-install of just about anything I can spend a week on... My OCD kicks in, and I'll fight all effin day to get one wire loom to match stock, like I remember pulling it off.,, well, until the wife says enough... I am NO finish guy...

Edited by KyLar96

i done a dual cab truck

http://www.sonicelec...-Kit-10435.html

and

for every 2 door

this stuff takes a long time to apply to doors and i would invest in the app tool

its not the best stuff on the market, but it was the right price and the easiest to apply

Dynamat is good stuff so long as you can get it for the right price.

Now keep in mind sound deadener will help with the structural borne sound, but won't have much effect for the airborne, i.e. exhaust, tire, road, etc. Hints why use of a multi layer combination of CLD and MLV is the way to go.

And yes I hate doing things (be it car repair, installation, etc.) more than once. Do it once with quality materials/parts and call it a day.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Thank you so much for the input Jon. Definitely awesome customer service and knowledge. I am stoked to see what this stuff can do! Will the luxury liner pro also help to keep sound in the vehicle? I am planning on installing an amp and sub after all the sound dampening goes in.

Fellow Utah boy eh?.. I hear ya on the weather deal, but its getting nice isnt it? and then i hear snow on sunday. Anyway, Jon is golden on knowledge, and the products. You wont get better support. In this case man, you can not go wrong, period. Cheers and good luck.

Edit - On a vehicle specific note... Jon is all damn knowing (its a little scary?) with about anything HONDA/ACURA.... have no fear....(thanks for the help Jon)

HEY SOMEONE ELSE FROM UTAH... GO JAZZ!!! The weather is pretty crazy for sure, I live down south, and bounce all over from Vegas to Idaho almost weekly, so this civic is definitely getting a work out.

Thank you so much for the input Jon. Definitely awesome customer service and knowledge. I am stoked to see what this stuff can do! Will the luxury liner pro also help to keep sound in the vehicle? I am planning on installing an amp and sub after all the sound dampening goes in.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: not many people say this !!! glad you want to keep the sound in the car instead of make it so the world can hear !!!

you will love the SS i used it on my car and it sounds AMAZING so far !!!!

Thanks. I'm kinda turning into an old fart I guess. Besides the music, I take a lot of business calls, over bluetooth, while on the road, and I can't have everyone listening to my business shiz everytime I pull up to an intersection.

I was going to say stinger road kill...but you can't take Jon's advice telling you exactly what to do then buying some other brand.

Get some second skin :D

I've used Stinger before, I worked for a shop back in 06, and never had issues. Second Skin has so many happy customers, so I am excited to see what it can do for my situation.

i done a dual cab truck

and

for every 2 door

Dynamat is good stuff so long as you can get it for the right price.

Now keep in mind sound deadener will help with the structural borne sound, but won't have much effect for the airborne, i.e. exhaust, tire, road, etc. Hints why use of a multi layer combination of CLD and MLV is the way to go.

And yes I hate doing things (be it car repair, installation, etc.) more than once. Do it once with quality materials/parts and call it a day.

Thank you for the suggestion, dynamat has been around for a long time, and is probably a great product. At this point, Jon's knowledge, attention to detail, and sticking around my budget is making me want to try out their products. There is a lot more to sound dampening than I remember, SS and maybe one or two other websites seem to have a grip on what they are doing, while constantly making their products better. Any company putting forth that type of effort, with as many happy forum members as I've seen gets an A in my book, and my money. Thanks for all the help, and stoked to get things rollin'.

2002 Honda Civic

(Current)

HU: JVC KD-X50BT (Replaced Pioneer 6800 that came with it)

All stock w/ 3 working speakers. Ya!!!

Currently cleaning up someone elses mess

(In the works)

M&H: HAT Imagines

Amp: Orion 8004

Sub: Unsure

Knukonceptz Wiring

SS Deadener (on its way! yay!)