Tossing the crossovers going 3-way active, need input

So, ya thats about it. If you havent seen my build log, I'm running an Oxygen Audio 3 way comp set in my front doors.. I am seriously considering going to an active set up, and was looking for input/advice as to the best way to go about doing this..

What do you guys recommend? I am trying to no blow through a ton of money to make the switch, but I'll spend what I need too, I was thinking about getting an active capable 4ch to run my tweets and 4.25's, then using one of the few different 2ch amps I have laying around to push the 8's.. will that work? is there an easier way? Also what are some decent budget oriented amps to look at that will fit the bill?

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Get a pair of ppi p900.4 class d amps and bridge one with hp for the mids and the second amp use the bp for midrange and lp on tweets, about the best way to go 3way active without a separate crossover and amps. Sadly though you'll have to wait till everyone gets them back in stock cause even ebay vendors out of stock waiting on the next shipment, damn things are flying off the shelves which kinda makes me want a few.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

You won't like the price, but the ZED Leviathan 6-channel is a kickass amp for what you want to do. It has all the built in crossovers for your midbass, midrange, and tweeters. You could use two amps like you stated, but must make sure they have the crossover settings you will need. UNLESS, you have a separate processor, but then you are looking at more money for that.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Orion, you're right, that Zed is pricey.. outta my budget for now, but that's one hell of am amp, it would be perfect for what Im looking to do..

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

The only way I would do this is with the Pioneer P99RS ...

And be able to "keep it simple" ...

Just a suggestion ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I'm using the alpine mrv-f405 it has built in cross overs. Amazing old school amp, and then you can get a two channel amp for your mid bass.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-ALPINE-MRV-F505-SOUND-QUALITY-AMP-MADE-IN-JAPAN-FREE-SHIP-LOWER-48-STATES-/150787158139?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item231b9d707b#ht_8871wt_1026

thats the 505 its 75watts rms!

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

You won't like the price, but the ZED Leviathan 6-channel is a kickass amp for what you want to do. It has all the built in crossovers for your midbass, midrange, and tweeters. You could use two amps like you stated, but must make sure they have the crossover settings you will need. UNLESS, you have a separate processor, but then you are looking at more money for that.

wow that amp looks AMAZING! I want it for sureeee

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

The only way I would do this is with the Pioneer P99RS ...

And be able to "keep it simple" ...

Just a suggestion ...

My reason for saying this is because this unit has 3 controlable outputs for front stage (well, 6 if you count left and right separation) ... And a sub stage output ... Simply a SQ dream machine ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Damn that deck is suhweet...... but over a grand.. Not happening. At least not right now thats for sure... Im trying to get the Lincoln squared away and playing well without having to drop a shit ton more money, I have pretty much spent what I told myself the budget was for the Lincoln, I have a Trans -am thats gotta get finished up so it can get broken again at the track again. Most likely going to go the 4ch for the tweet and mid, and the midbasses off of a 2ch, right now that is looking like the easiest, simplest means to an end. Eventually I would like to get a processor or a fully active HU, but it is not in the cards right now....

Edited by Bigsix

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO