Tossing the crossovers going 3-way active, need input

So with that being said, educate me some about a 3 way set up..

where do I want to cross each speaker at? or at least what are some decent starting points to get me in the ball park and sounding ok?

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Ok...that will at least put me in the ballpark, thanks Orion... I do know that my 8's were recomended to be cut off at 50hz... so thats a start and I can tweak it from there.. Im not a total sq nut, just want it to play right and sound decent while its full tilt

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Since I've got your attention Orion, On the 4ch Ill be running the mids and tweets off of, set ch1 and 2 to high pass for tweets? set ch. 3 and 4 to high pass for the mid as well would full pass be more appropriate? and then the 2ch amp for the 8's, low pass or full? I can also control the front RCA high pass freq as well, I can go 50,60,80,100,120hz off the HU (Guessing I should set that at what ever I set the 8's to cut off at? 50hz?)... Sorry if some of this is noobish man, fisrt time Ive dont a system that Ive had this much control over everything....kinda mind numbing at times, especially when a handful of vics are kickin in on ym F'ed up knee... wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

This is where you need the amps you are using to have the crossover freq options you need. The tweets on hp for sure, the mids can be set on hp as well, but it would be ideal to bandpass them (cut them off where the tweeter takes over, otherwise, whats the point of the tweeter?). The way you are thinking for the 8's is fine.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Cheapest is either a kick ads digital processor or a head unit like mentioned above. But there are cheaper options out there. Amps with the xovers you need aren't cheap. There may be a audison 4ch on diyma. Guy has been trying to sell it for a long time but no one has bought it yet. It's the lrx 4.5 I think. 75rmsx4 at 4ohm. All the xovers you need I think for two parts of your stage.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I am in the same situation as you... interested in what you have planned... what i am going to do is the 2 amp setup for mids and highs. 2ch for the low mids on 8" crossed at 60hz-300. i currently have a zx650.4 kicker and will be trying to sell that to get an audioque amp 120.4 which has the bandpass feature for all four channels that will be controlling my 6.5 mids and tweeters. the 6.5 mids i will bandpass them from 300hz-5000hz and the tweets hpf at 5000hz... thats my plan any ways