Second Skin Audio

Box for my blowthrough

Smoove

Great idea, didn't even think about that. That could actually look pretty cool.

I didn't look at the length that close. I could make the box an 1" deeper or shorten the port to 12" and still be in range for the volume I want and tuning.

Not necessary, the ports can be run a couple of inches outside the rear chamber, instead of reducing their length.

He's also putting this in a truck bed. Those ports would be open to the outside of the vehicle, exposing his subs to rain, critters, dust and debris. Do NOT run those ports open out of the back of the box.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I didn't look at the length that close. I could make the box an 1" deeper or shorten the port to 12" and still be in range for the volume I want and tuning.

Not necessary, the ports can be run a couple of inches outside the rear chamber, instead of reducing their length.

He's also putting this in a truck bed. Those ports would be open to the outside of the vehicle, exposing his subs to rain, critters, dust and debris. Do NOT run those ports open out of the back of the box.

I meant to say the port end a couple if inches ahead of the baffle to help meet clearance to the back wall on the other end. Porting outside would be an awful idea of course.

Another thing to consider is 6" flared ports are 9"+ in diameter at the flare

So I think you are really going to struggle to fit them in

But you could put the 2 outside subs on an angle increasing box volume and allowing more Room for ports

• 3 months later...

I now have 2 T2000's. I am gonna link them at 2ohm on 2 15's so I have 2 new box versions. A ported and a slotted

Slotted version

215slotport4.jpg

215slotport3.jpg

215slotport2.jpg

215slotport1.jpg

Ported Version

215roundport4.jpg

215roundport3.jpg

215roundport2.jpg

215roundport1.jpg

Which would you build. I already have MDF and the 6" areo ports.

no comments on the new boxes????

Ok the aero ported version baffle looks rather weak if that is some help, but more importantly I would prefer doing say a 4th order to avoid cutting that gigantic hole.

is that like a 6th order bandpass?

edit: the box design looks good in paper but will it perform to the best. what will keep the box from flexing? you have no brazing anywhere

i built my first box like that and to tell you the truth it suck, the flange you have from bed to cab gives the box a different tuning than what the ports you made. it would be better to just cancel that flange and make the hole big enough to have the box by the cab. or better yet just make a 4th order band pass.

I plan on doing a double Baffle, had issues using Sketch getting it to look right. From what I understand it kind of a 6th or Quasi 6th. And if I cut a hole that big and don't like how the first box sounds I can always build another box.

Would you do the Aero port or the slot version with this design?

Archived