Where dB Drag use to be........

Yeah when I started competing (circa 1997) dB Drag was Booming. I attended a few of the Circuit City Roadshows sponsored by Kenwood. MAN those shows were off the chain. Espeically when they had IASCA there as well. It was nuts to say the least. Finals was only a dream to get a chance of attending. The good old days of dB Drag.

Yeah when I started competing (circa 1997) dB Drag was Booming. I attended a few of the Circuit City Roadshows sponsored by Kenwood. MAN those shows were off the chain. Espeically when they had IASCA there as well. It was nuts to say the least. Finals was only a dream to get a chance of attending. The good old days of dB Drag.

I remember going to the old Circuit City road shows in the late 90's and going to Autorama with HUGE turnouts. I wish there was enough consumer and manufacture support to have events like that again but sadly we all know it will never be like that. For the few of us that can still remember those days they are distant good memories :)

Team S.S.C.

DB Drag Street A 2011 National Champ

DC Audio Dealer

Nor Cal AA Dealer

Incriminator Audio Dealer

CA Sundown Audio Dealer

[email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Ahh memories.

I remember reading that article and was actually at the show when he was being interviewed.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

What was the fee to compete back then?

Entry Fees never changed. Just gas prices and sponsor money. :(

I was fortunate to have competed and won at the highest level while the sport was in its prime.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

Ahh memories.

I remember reading that article and was actually at the show when he was being interviewed.

I was fortunate to have competed and won at the highest level while the sport was in its prime.

WOW some true veteran's right here..........

Every time I see these names I hear this tune in my head

"I'm a little a tea pot short and stout......."

Ahh memories.

lol Shall I ask why is that song in your head? lol

I remember when I went to finals in 03 and struggled to get 15th place in SS-1-2 and was so freakin happy to do so.

Now I see people whine and complain that they got 3rd because someone with more amplifiers "Showed Up"

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist

Ahh memories.

I remember when I went to finals in 03 and struggled to get 15th place in SS-1-2 and was so freakin happy to do so.

Now I see people whine and complain that they got 3rd because someone with more amplifiers "Showed Up"

No, now you have a parking lot full of people that won't compete because they might not win. Seams like most are too skeered to compete anymore.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Ahh memories.

No, now you have a parking lot full of people that won't compete because they might not win. Seams like most are too skeered to compete anymore.

people don't compete because it cost an arm and a leg Bill. It sucks that the sport is dying though its not as fun when all your doing is competing against yourself at an event.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Ahh memories.

people don't compete because it cost an arm and a leg Bill. It sucks that the sport is dying though its not as fun when all your doing is competing against yourself at an event.

Competing always cost an arm and a leg though.

I have a formula and some ideas that would make a hugely awesome show. We shall see if I can pull it off this summer.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist

Ahh memories.

Competing always cost an arm and a leg though.

I have a formula and some ideas that would make a hugely awesome show. We shall see if I can pull it off this summer.

do they involve hot chicks and booze? if so I'm in.

I think because shows use to be at bigger locations i.e circuit city etc. they use to attract more attention therefore more enthusiasts began to get into the sport and started to compete themselves.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Archived