the smoke is from me and you will know the noise its not the wind like a jack hammer going off maybe a bearing cuz its not the lifters

Edited by ric006

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

sounds like its a pulley or belt issue for the squealing Try this, get a spray bottle and fill it with water (ONLY WATER) and spray it on the flat side of your belt. If the squealing goes away temporarily and comes back you have a tension issue, if you spray the ribbed side of your belt and the squeaking temporarily goes away but comes back then you have an alignment issue with one of your pulleys. I had this with my 04 envoy and i put a new belt, tensioner and idler pulley on. The idler pulley was squealing but i figured what the hell im doing the work so might as well finish it off with a fresh tensioner too and since my belt was slipping before i put a brand new belt on too.

Also what i strongly recommend to do is take brake parts cleaner and thoroughly clean every pulley on your belt drive system. Spray a old clean rag with the brake part cleaner and wipe every pulley until the cloth remains clean after you wipe it off. do NOT spray this on the pulley itself as the brake cleaner can seep into the bearings of the pulley and dry them up.

For that horrible grinding issue i believe that is your fan. What happens if you kill the ignition right as that starts to happen?

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

can off brrake parts cleaner works 2 . hah hows your harmonic balance?

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

i dunno on the harmonic balance the car was fine all day then this started kinda sounds like an air compressor thats the wierd part ac compressor was new about september last year

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

yep nothing to do with with the flex plate its in front of the motor going to start with no serp belt tomarrow and go from there really dont think its the motor but the easiest and fastest to start with

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Um, you are talking about that loudness at the end? was your a/c or defroster on? if it was turn all your heater controls to off and put your a/c/heat/defrost selector to off or just floor and see if it goes away. Cause i think its the a/c compressor

Edited by strangeduck

Try touching around the engine to help narrow it down by feel if you can but stay away from the belt so you don't get hurt. With something making that kind of noise it has to vibrate the hell out of what ever is making the noise.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2