Second Skin Audio

vinyl wrapping enclosures? UPDATE!!!!! pics posted up

ray i used the router tip u told me to buy thats the thinnest and deepest it goes. i shoved a 16gaue speaker wire in it i painted it black first and it barely fit as a place holder while the glue dried vinyl in then took it off ad looked cleaned but i did see some things i could def improve on and do differently but thanks alot as for the box. was pretty loud and plenty clear i had about 4-5" clearance from the hatch and i think that suited nicely hes only using a 1500bdco for now subs barely move but boy does it still pack a punch well sorry for the descriptive essay glad you guys liked

just for the rest of us, what would you do differently next time? and box looks great btw!

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I would rig up a more solid router jig so that my lines are not all crooked and have to reseal them then re do them. The order in which I did things aswell like roundovers before the carve out line it would be better to do roundovera as the last step but for some reason its never my last step and that's all I can think of right now mainly personal issues and pet peeves

I would rig up a more solid router jig so that my lines are not all crooked and have to reseal them then re do them. The order in which I did things aswell like roundovers before the carve out line it would be better to do roundovera as the last step but for some reason its never my last step and that's all I can think of right now mainly personal issues and pet peeves

thanks man! really makes me wanna try this for my box. but i might just stick to getting painting and carpeting down pat. also where'd you get the vinyl?

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

hmmm....this gives me an idea. Though not the same vinyl your are showing here. I have been in the sign business for years and have done many vehicle wraps. Never thought about wrapping a box until now. I was going to go with carpet but the possibilities with a vinyl wrap are endless. And I am building the new box with birch so I shouldn't have any problems with it sticking good......

Archived