Sonic Electronix

what tone do you use to clamp test amps?

well i would exspect 800 watts lol but i dont know why at 30 hz it does a600 at .9 ohms and at 40 it does 234 at 4 ohms why the big ohm jump?

impedance rise, different frequencies have different impedance rises

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I clamp mine right at the box tuning point. It's when impedance rise will be the least and you will get the closest reading to the amp's power at load.

yea i dont have a meter need to take the two hour trip over to blake's [trulywickedcostoms] and see where i peak but damn its a long trip

would be well worth it though..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

yea i dont have a meter need to take the two hour trip over to blake's [trulywickedcostoms] and see where i peak but damn its a long trip
would be well worth it though..
yea it probly would but theres a lil comp coming up on the 28th in somerset ky so i might roll over there to see what it does its only 1 hour away but i wouldny get a demo from blake there lol
SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

Is your voltage at 14.4?

Are you running it into clipping?

If no on either 1 dont expect 800

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I clamp mine right at the box tuning point. It's when impedance rise will be the least and you will get the closest reading to the amp's power at load.

Tuning freq is useless most of the time. The box tuning is well below the boxes peak/loudest freq by at least 5+hz. The woofer is never the loudest at box tuning but the peak freq once cabin gain is all added into the equation.

Normally your peak burp freq is the loudest score on the TL, but not always the most power, so that is always something to keep in mind. Sure you may get more power out of an amp at a lesser freq, but if your number is significantly lower with more power than your peak freq with less power why would that wattage matter?

Id rather have a higher score to brag about than a lower score with more power. Food for thought!

Normally clamp testing is done when your chasing numbers on the meter.

Edited by Audiofanaticz