Sundown Audio

Opinion on Rockford Fosgate P1000-1bd VS. Hifonics BXi1608D?

KScarboy

Currently I have the Hifonics amp. I am expecting two new Skar VVX 12's tomorrow. I am wondering which amp out of the two would be a better match for the subs, with sound quality and spl in mind. What would the pros and cons of either amp be for this setup or similar ones? I'm asking this, because I am selling one of my old type-r's on craigslist, and I have someone that wants to trade the p1000 for my type-r. This made me wonder if this amp would be a better option for me, or if I should just hold out for cash and either keep the Hifonics or save up for an even more powerful and better amp like an AQ 2200 or similar. I don't mean to start a vs. thread, because it seems like they are rather disliked on this and any other forum. I'm just looking for opinions from others with more experience than I have. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

-1999 Mercury Grand Marquis

-Skar 1500.1d

-Two Skar VVX 12's

-Two Skar VXI65 component sets

-MB Quart 125.4

-Clarion EQS746

-Stinger zero gauge power wire

-Big three

-Kinetic HC600 in trunk

I know this. I'm just looking for opinions, I don't want to have an all out forum war about this lol its really not that important, I was just interested on weather or not anyone with more experience than I have would be gracious enough to offer their opinion.

-1999 Mercury Grand Marquis

-Skar 1500.1d

-Two Skar VVX 12's

-Two Skar VXI65 component sets

-MB Quart 125.4

-Clarion EQS746

-Stinger zero gauge power wire

-Big three

-Kinetic HC600 in trunk

Currently I have the Hifonics amp. I am expecting two new Skar VVX 12's tomorrow. I am wondering which amp out of the two would be a better match for the subs, with sound quality and spl in mind. What would the pros and cons of either amp be for this setup or similar ones? I'm asking this, because I am selling one of my old type-r's on craigslist, and I have someone that wants to trade the p1000 for my type-r. This made me wonder if this amp would be a better option for me, or if I should just hold out for cash and either keep the Hifonics or save up for an even more powerful and better amp like an AQ 2200 or similar. I don't mean to start a vs. thread, because it seems like they are rather disliked on this and any other forum. I'm just looking for opinions from others with more experience than I have. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

you already did create a vs. thread. all this is, is a pissing match saying which is better for the subs because it's all on you and solely you alone

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

Well, I'm just making sure you know the rules, it's a very big rule here actually.

But you can ask opinions on the P1000-BDcp, you're just not allowed to ask which is better because everyone has their opinions, and it would be hard to decide.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

INB4L rockford

Edited by blkgp_03

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.