Bad News.....Bad Shortblock?

Ok so I'll try to make this as short as possible but basically I got my charger about a little over a year ago....The first day I got it I noticed a little ticking but figured it was only something little in the engine...Well as time passed the ticking got worse and worse until finally I had it checked out by the stealership about 4 months ago...They replaced a rocker arm but said they still heard noises from the lower engine but I couldn't afford to have them go any further to check it out...Well the noise is all the way back again and I called them once more to see if they knew what might be wrong with it and they're telling me that the whole freakin short block needs to be replaced and that it'll cost like 5,100 (which I don't have) What the hell should I do? I love my car and hate driving it when I know something is mechanically wrong with it...The warranty from the original dealership I got it from ran out a long time ago but that still is total BS that they pretty much sold me a car with a bad engine. What should I do?

Pop the oil pan off check out the crank bearings see if they need to be replaced. Or take pics of them and we will tell you. Is it a tick or a thud/knock? Ticking is usually associated with the rocker arms and lifters.

1999 GMC Yukon, 6 PSI platform 5 18's, 4th order bandpass by BHE, Taramps,

Pop the oil pan off check out the crank bearings see if they need to be replaced. Or take pics of them and we will tell you. Is it a tick or a thud/knock? Ticking is usually associated with the rocker arms and lifters.

Alright I'll do that and take a pic and take videos of the sound, it sounds like more of a tick to me

have you tried any lucas oil treatment or sea foam to see if its just some crud built up?

Nope I haven't how do I do either of those?

put seafoam in ur gas tank when ur just about empty and fill it up, treats about 20-25 gallons i believe

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

have you tried any lucas oil treatment or sea foam to see if its just some crud built up?

Nope I haven't how do I do either of those?

put seafoam in ur gas tank when ur just about empty and fill it up, treats about 20-25 gallons i believe

about how much should I put in? And im assuming autozone or somewhere has this?

whats the oil pressure look like? Check the oil and see if it looks like it has silver glitter in it, if it does its a bearing

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

youd have to put the seafoam in the motor oil and you run it for like 300 miles i think it is

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Archived