A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

THREAD RESURRECT!

Ha, ha. I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off lately. I've made a bit of progress on my system, I just haven't had the chance to put my pics and words together for a proper presentation. :P

Here we go. I wanted to take a little bit of time to make some improvements. Make things a bit easier in the disassembly and re-assembly department. We'll start off with the alternator bracket. The biggest pain in the ass is when tightening the outer most alternator nut and bolt. To remedy this I welded a threaded insert to the backside of the bracket. In this pic, the red circle is the area in question. On the right side is the insert to be welded.

DSC04548.jpg

To center the insert I used some foil paper to center a bolt threaded into the insert.

DSC04551.jpg

Here is the welded insert.

DSC04554.jpg

The final product.

DSC04556.jpg

Another area I improved on is the receiver hitch area. It's a bolt in piece, that has to come out when the battery rack has to come out. The pain about it is that it's a two person job that I'm always doing alone with a floor jack and a pair of ratchets. The only way to eliminate the floor jack is if I bulk up, which ain't gonna happen any time soon. :P The next best thing is to eliminate at least one ratchet. To do that I welded some bolts to a stip of 1/8" steel.

DSC04460.jpg

Here is the new part installed.

DSC04714.jpg

Looking up at the receiver hitch mount.

DSC04724.jpg

The receiver hitch installed.

DSC04722.jpg

More on the way. :)

Yay for updates! This was a fun day. First a big thanks to my buddy Rick for coming over early in the morning just to help me load this monster up.

No amp on the box, just too much weight. O_o

DSC04615.jpg

Amp installed.

DSC04620.jpg

A little bit of the wiring. :)

DSC04622.jpg

A couple of install picks.

DSC04626.jpg

DSC04628.jpg

DSC04629.jpg

Barely enough room to shut the barn doors. :D

DSC04630.jpg

Looking over the drivers shoulder. Finally, some subs in view. :)

DSC04632.jpg

Up next some the smoke test. O_o

Looks good man, the box looks great in the truck finally.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Just wanted to say thanks for doing that review on the quad bracket last year, I just redid all my electrical for my rebuild for this season and I used all the pointers from your review, my quad bracket now sits great on the truck and all my NEW Mechmans sit great in the bracket. I ended up welding a 5/16 bolt to the that back plate for all my frame grounds it made things a ton easier and I agree that one nut is a PITA to get to, all of them should have been threaded like that what you did to begin with, great job looks great!!!

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Videos!

Coming soon. :)

Looks good man, the box looks great in the truck finally.

Thanks. I'm just glad we were able to strong arm it in place. I hope it never has to come out. :P

Just wanted to say thanks for doing that review on the quad bracket last year, I just redid all my electrical for my rebuild for this season and I used all the pointers from your review, my quad bracket now sits great on the truck and all my NEW Mechmans sit great in the bracket. I ended up welding a 5/16 bolt to the that back plate for all my frame grounds it made things a ton easier and I agree that one nut is a PITA to get to, all of them should have been threaded like that what you did to begin with, great job looks great!!!

Thanks, bro. I'm glad that review was able to help you out. After racking my brain trying to get the bracket in the first time. I figured the review was a good idea. :)

Just barely a view of the subs..

But FINALLY!!!!

I know, the whole light at the end of the tunnel thing. :D Now time for some tuning.

lol the old DDs were stealth back there. Now you can see some excursion from the front seats lol.

As Meade once put it, "Nothing like seeing the cones of some 18" subs jumping up and down." :D Glad to see you around.

so kleen

Thanks.

:wackit::rockwoot::shtf: how many house windows you have to fix now??? lol Congrats Beavis!!!!

Ha, ha. None yet. Thanks Butthead. :D

Archived