Sundown Audio

4 channel amps

kickercaddy

Im looking to buy a new amp for my speakers in my car. I have 2 6.5 pioneers 3-ways in the front and stock bose 5.25 in the back. (Im going to replace those after i get my new speaker amp). Anyway i want to get a 4 channel amp, preferably kicker or jl audio, but i dont want to over power my speakers and blow them in 2 seconds. Im debating between the dx400.4 with 100x4 RMS or the ix500.4 with 125x4 RMS. Also im considering the jx360.4 but that might not be enough for what im looking for. I want a good speaker amp without having to replace it in the future. Im leaning towards the ix500.4 but im afraid to blow my speakers before i get new ones. Id really appreciate some insight. Thanks

01 Cadillac Deville

Pioneer DEH-P9400BH

2 Kicker CVR12 @ 2 ohm

Kicker ZX1000.1

2 Pioneer TS-A1674R 6.5"

we need to know the rms power of the speakers first.

but who ever said you HAVE to use all the power in an amplifier? its not like its either 0 power or 100% power

im not installing them myself so i wont be setting the gains a professional installer will. but these speakers are like 35-50 watts rms each. Im gonna upgrade to some nice speakers after i get the amp. what do you guys think

01 Cadillac Deville

Pioneer DEH-P9400BH

2 Kicker CVR12 @ 2 ohm

Kicker ZX1000.1

2 Pioneer TS-A1674R 6.5"

this is a little off topic, but what are some of the quality speaker brands? I already have subs, amp, etc. but i just need to get a 4 channel amp and replace my rear speakers.

01 Cadillac Deville

Pioneer DEH-P9400BH

2 Kicker CVR12 @ 2 ohm

Kicker ZX1000.1

2 Pioneer TS-A1674R 6.5"

Archived