Second Skin Audio

Ray vs PWK (9518sc Box)

Never had a pwk box but now I want box design by ray

may have just sent Ray a few customers his way

Not sure if he wants this many people hahah considering how busy he is.

Were still in shock over this box. The notes now are just brutal compared to before. Videos are in order, pictures of the build tomorrow.

duh.I love the argument. I build boxes for SQ! lol.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Thats what he does tho. He is a SQ guy and thats what his boxes are made for, flat response not spl. I really dont think he has any idea about spl to tell you the truth, and thats why nobody is happy with his boxes. He uses every single one of the T/S and puts it into his computer to find out how a speaker will act in an enclosure. The program aint going to be able to calculate how it will act in cars because thats not what its made for, its made for rooms.

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Thats what he does tho. He is a SQ guy and thats what his boxes are made for, flat response not spl. I really dont think he has any idea about spl to tell you the truth, and thats why nobody is happy with his boxes. He uses every single one of the T/S and puts it into his computer to find out how a speaker will act in an enclosure. The program aint going to be able to calculate how it will act in cars because thats not what its made for, its made for rooms.

actually your partially wrong there, he has touted over and over that HIS program that HE developed will tell him about cabin gain and all of the characteristics of the car. I've argued with him for years over that being complete bullshit.

Also He may say he's an sq guy but ive never out of the doesnt of boxes ive seen of his seen a linear response curve from one, or a loud one.

@ RAY,

I was wondering if you have any experience with T-line boxes ? I am starting a new build that will take me several months to complete. I am thinling of an sql/spl build and the sub I am thinking of going with is a SSA XCON 18" D2 on a Sundown SAZ-1500D.

I used this calculator to get the demensions for a dual fold on axis T-line box. http://dbdynamixaudio.com/dual-fold-on-axis-transmission-line-enclosure-calculator/

If I did the math correctly, the box will be like this.

tuning point= 34

height=19.8

width=34

depth=33.75

top=34 x 33.75

bottom=34 x 33.75

front baffle=23 x 18.3

rear baffle=34 x 18.3

left side=32.25 x 18.3

right side=33 x 18.3

right inner panel=22 x 18.3

front inner panel= 11.25 x 18.3

rear inner panel= 11.25 x 18.3

not trying to hijack here....just another question for Rays skills !!

Thanks for any help :)

I dont do T lines.

Sorry

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

:good: :LIKE:

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

Archived