Mechman Alternators

4 SMD 340a Yellow Mechmans - WOW

We have our new 370 amp units ready to go.

Check out these new lower cost 340amp 6 Phase units. The specs are in the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320956405550&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

How do the 340a phase 6's compare to the 370a SMD's besides the obvious 30a gain? Beefier components? More power at idle?

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

How do the 340a phase 6's compare to the 370a SMD's besides the obvious 30a gain? Beefier components? More power at idle?

?

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Here is a shot of the amps these YELLOW beauties will be powering at 0.335 ohm each!!!!

15867200_large.jpg

15867203_large.jpg

Why not just get a few more AQ 3500's? .335 ohms is just retarded low. Lol are you sure that's safe?

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Why not just get a few more AQ 3500's? .335 ohms is just retarded low. Lol are you sure that's safe?

I've seen some amps run at .175...

But when it comes to electrical AMI knows his shit.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Idle output is very impressive on the 370s. We were able to produce a whopping 200amps at only 500 RPM!!! Most of our ratings show amperage at 800RPM...so you can expect to have more, exponentially, as you increase RPMs. The 340s are solid alternators, but we also found the need for more cruising power for our clients and thus, by altering the internal connections we were able to tweak the product to produce even more POWER!!!

~Michael

P.S. These alternators are not readily available yet, to answer the question raised earlier, but are available for sale.

email me for more details about this latest and greatest alt from Mechman!

[email protected]

Edited by MECHMAN
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

I've seen some amps run at .175...

But when it comes to electrical AMI knows his shit.

Believe me i know AMI is a mad scientist/genius when it comes to car audio.. i follow all his videos and have had a few short chats with him on youtube PM when he answered my questions.

I was just hoping AMI himself could donate 5 minutes and explain how its possible to (safely) push those amps that hard, and maybe a general rule to follow of Watts/electrical when you push your systems lower then 1 ohm.

I love learning off him and a few others when i can because not only are they awesome at what they do, they dont mind teaching others which is awesome

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

where do I find specs on the alts?

Each alternator is tested on our dyno under load and spun to 20K rotor speed and we record amperage at idle (800 RPM) as well as cruise (2000 RPM) along with charging voltage. All of the information is included with your alternator when purchased.

I've seen some amps run at .175... But when it comes to electrical AMI knows his shit.
Believe me i know AMI is a mad scientist/genius when it comes to car audio.. i follow all his videos and have had a few short chats with him on youtube PM when he answered my questions. I was just hoping AMI himself could donate 5 minutes and explain how its possible to (safely) push those amps that hard, and maybe a general rule to follow of Watts/electrical when you push your systems lower then 1 ohm. I love learning off him and a few others when i can because not only are they awesome at what they do, they dont mind teaching others which is awesome

Thanks for the comments!!! To answer your question, as you cut ohm load, you raise current, since ohms law is proportional Volts = Current X resistance, if you lower resistance and keep voltage the same what has to happen? Current has to go up, as current increases so does heat, to spread that heat out you need more conductive metal to transfer that current ie wire. So if you have more wire going into that amp you can safely keep voltage up, and supply the current to the demand/load/amplifier. You keep heat in check along with proper voltage and it will allow you to do almost anything you want. I spend alot of time testing theory and law against real world results. For one I have ran these amps low before, .25 burp, and .35 on music. I know they need alot of current to run that low, that is one reason for such large alternators and battery bank and tons of wire with the dual inputs.

Reason I didn't go more amplifiers, one is more money, more components that can possibly fail, more space that is needed to mount them, and so on. There is several things that one has to consider in any install.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db