Check out the SMD Web Store @ WcCarAudio.com!

meade916

SMD VU DIN is BACK- Presale open! A couple pics / vid - Shipping NOW UPDATE PAGE 6

WOOT WOOT

20120425_225404.jpg

I am literally too fucking stoked to take a damn screen shot lol

Just wanted to chime in on Steve's comment about LED quality vs Cost. We have a customer up here in Canada that does a lot of installation work for their local police, ambulance and fire departments in terms of vehicle lighting. As you know, most of these are now LED based. He was telling about the difference in quality between assemblies, suffice it to say that good quality systems with name brand LED's maintain their output over time, even after 10 minutes of use, the cheap Chinese stuff starts to dim and loose intensity.

Anyways, Steve speaks the truth about having to shell out for the good stuff...

Just a few extra $0.02 from the great white north... ;-)

at the risk of sounding like a complete ass,

when its red is when it was clipping?

When sync'd with the DD-1, yes

already purchased mine

but in the video when it was red it was clipping?

and what is orange? almost clipping?

I believe that's at max volume right before clipping. Like when tuning with the DD-1, the distortion light flashes and you back it off... It's the max unclipped volume.

Just wanted to chime in on Steve's comment about LED quality vs Cost. We have a customer up here in Canada that does a lot of installation work for their local police, ambulance and fire departments in terms of vehicle lighting. As you know, most of these are now LED based. He was telling about the difference in quality between assemblies, suffice it to say that good quality systems with name brand LED's maintain their output over time, even after 10 minutes of use, the cheap Chinese stuff starts to dim and loose intensity.

Anyways, Steve speaks the truth about having to shell out for the good stuff...

Just a few extra $0.02 from the great white north... ;-)

hey, i know who you are :) Thanks for the input. I am glad some people "get it".

also, there is other things involved like the power supply itself...this thing is designed to not change intensity no matter what voltage drop (or spike) you may have. In other words, it wont be any dimmer at 11volts then it will be at 16volts and vice-versa.

It DEFINITELY isn't a cheap item to make.

already purchased mine

but in the video when it was red it was clipping?

and what is orange? almost clipping?

It probably wasn't calibrated in the video, so probably not clipping. He probably just had it set like that to give an example of the red and orange.

In honesty, I would expected the price tag to have been more. I know small production orders are no joke. Glad I already finished the maro cause i could easily see one in the dash :D

In honesty, I would expected the price tag to have been more. I know small production orders are no joke. Glad I already finished the maro cause i could easily see one in the dash :D

Same here I was expecting it to be around $180, so this price sounds good to me. :lol:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1