ideas on how to mount amplifiers to ceiling

so an easy fix to that problem yall brought up about cooking it is to put it in sum kind of amp rack and put sum small fans in it to get the heat out. easy fix no big deal

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

not sure whats under your headliner, (as in roof bracing) some pics of the headliner down would probably be beneficial. Id probably try and use rivnuts if there is a decent amount of bracing so you would have the space between the first layer of the brace before it hits the outside metal of the roof.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

so an easy fix to that problem yall brought up about cooking it is to put it in sum kind of amp rack and put sum small fans in it to get the heat out. easy fix no big deal

no, the heat never makes it to the heat sinks. put a fan on it all you want but the heat (most of it) will stay right inside the amp where you don't want it. Mounting amps upside down is really a bad idea and rarely works out well.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just kind of confused on why you would want to mount an amplifier on the roof. Vibrations are bad for amplifiers...thats why you shouldn't mount them on your sub box if you can find other places. That being said...your roof can flex just like a sub box. Your sig says you have a RF 1500 watt amp...even with sound dampening I wouldn't want to mount my amp on the roof cuz I'm sure theres still going to me some flex to it.

*edit. I just noticed this thread is over a month old...you've probobly already mounted it to the roof it you were being serious about it. If you haven't, I'd advise against it.

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Im a little stumped on how to get a mounting board onto the ceiling securely. My car is a 1996 eclipse. Any ideas on how to do this.

if you can weld take some brackets bolt to some wood and the weld the brackets to the support bars that run across the ceiling....or fiberglass

4 JL10W3

8 JLC2 6"

8 JLC2 6.50" components

1000 Watt JLJ2 classD amp 1 ohm

700.5 JL XD amp

Some great ideas on here. My project actually won't start till September, that's when i start installing. And just to let people know of the reason i want to do this is because one I'm looking to make a showy car and second I'm gonna be a little pressed for space.... Finding room for 3 amplifiers and a 4 cu ft box for a T2 15" sub isnt and easy task plus the addition of 8 midrange drivers and 8 tweeters going into fiberglassed panels adds the things taking up room in my car. I will be removing the back seat to put my t1500 amp and my second battery

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS, (2) Rockford Fosgate T400-4, (4) Rockford Fosgate T1652-S Component Sets, (1) Rockford Fosgate T1500-1BDCP, (1) Rockford Fosgate T2D415 in a ported box (5.5cu. ft. tuned @ 37Hz), (1) Optima Yellow Top under hood, (1) Shuriken 80 amp batt in the back, 2 runs 0 AWG OFC Rockford Fosgate wire, Big 3 upgrade on front and back battery, Stock Altenator (90 amps), RF RCA's, Kicker 12AWG OFC speaker wire, Stinger roadkill sound deadner all over the inside of the car

actually you have to take the top off because the board is mounted to the heatsink. Remember heat rises. If your amp is upside down you will not cool as well as you would if it was mounted right side up

Like N8 said, heat rises. When you mount an amp upside down the heatsink doesn't do it's job as well. The heat will rise to the "bottom" of the amp which is exactly where you DON'T want heat.

not trying to thread jack. but you want the heat to rise away from the board not through the board. it all depends how the board is mounted. if it is facing down attached to heatsink still, mounting the amp upside down will draw heat away from board. if amp has side heat sinks, those will help too.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

The T400-4 has side heat sinks. I think the heat would dissapate the same no matter if its right side up or upside down as long its level and with addition of a cooling system it would take care of any minor abnormalities

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS, (2) Rockford Fosgate T400-4, (4) Rockford Fosgate T1652-S Component Sets, (1) Rockford Fosgate T1500-1BDCP, (1) Rockford Fosgate T2D415 in a ported box (5.5cu. ft. tuned @ 37Hz), (1) Optima Yellow Top under hood, (1) Shuriken 80 amp batt in the back, 2 runs 0 AWG OFC Rockford Fosgate wire, Big 3 upgrade on front and back battery, Stock Altenator (90 amps), RF RCA's, Kicker 12AWG OFC speaker wire, Stinger roadkill sound deadner all over the inside of the car

Archived