That sounds great man. Pretty cool for him to help you out like that. I feel sorry for that car facing subs up lol.

Thanks man

Well, I have more Audio-Technix laying around if needed lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Good luck on the new box! I'm anxious to see what you can do with those 15s!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Good luck on the new box! I'm anxious to see what you can do with those 15s!

Thanks man :)

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I suggest u run the voltmeter wire together with the signal cable, or at least on that side. It might get interfered with from the power. But there is no way enough power in the voltmeter wire itself to every influence the signal cables. ]morning.gif

Don't like sharing your knowledge?

Welll.. Don't come here and grab others then! - GTFO.

I suggest u run the voltmeter wire together with the signal cable, or at least on that side. It might get interfered with from the power. But there is no way enough power in the voltmeter wire itself to every influence the signal cables. ]morning.gif

Turn it's probably the turn on wire(my headunit's remote wire doesn't work anymore, so I have to manually turn on my amps) that is causing that then, but I don't understand why, I thought the purpose of the voltmeter was to read what's coming from the power wire since it's going to be attached to it anyways

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

So, after measuring and measuring, I finally came up with a new box design that I can actually slide through the backseat.
482831_626294137387509_1580903338_n.jpg

Slightly bigger, higher tuning, and same amount of port, which should still get loud
The subs are going to facing up, and the port forward

Glady with the new dimensions, I have leftover dowels, and the other half of the sonotube I didn't use, so I just need more mdf, though now I'm thinking of using this instead, gonna cost me $15 more, but it's lighter, and everyone says it works just as well as mdf, and is easier on the tools
3/4 birch plywood
http://www.lowes.com/pd_37985-99899-37985_0__?productId=3658234&Ntt=birch+plywood+3%2F4&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dbirch%2Bplywood%2B3%252F4&facetInfo=

Opinions anyone?

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Will it fit through the door? lol...

And birch is kickass. My box is 1/2 russian birch and it's super light, and rigid enough for me to stand on.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Will it fit through the door? lol...

And birch is kickass. My box is 1/2 russian birch and it's super light, and rigid enough for me to stand on.

I have 33 inches of clearance from the bottom of the back seat when removed and not touching the handle on the ceiling

Only thing I may have to do is remove the door panel

I'm considering birch due to weight, current box I built is too heavy for me lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

So another small update

Another sketchup of how the box will look like
-Made sure to keep the 15's out of the of the way but 1 inch away from the wall
- 4 2' inch vertical dowels, which will be utilized from leftover dowels
- 2 2' horizontal dowels
- Port holders to secure the port, and for more vertical bracing

859334_627381287278794_1413840640_o.jpg

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived