question.... why didnt you take anytime and do any "prep" work on box like sanding, bondo, etc.... so when you put your coating on, it would look great? Being the biggest thing that sticks out (the box) you really need to do a bunch of body work to it to really make it stand out and look "great". YOu can see everyone of your 46574 screw holes, miss matched corners, glue drips, sharp corners, etc.... Not trying to be rude to you at all, just trying to keep it real.

Big reason, didn't have any cash for the body filler

I would have bought body filler to fill in the holes, but hey it is what it is, and I know you're not trying to be rude, and I appreciate the constructive criticism.

This is also the first time I ever painted a box, but won't ever be my last, and when I do another box, I'll take your advice in consideration for sure.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

question.... why didnt you take anytime and do any "prep" work on box like sanding, bondo, etc.... so when you put your coating on, it would look great? Being the biggest thing that sticks out (the box) you really need to do a bunch of body work to it to really make it stand out and look "great". YOu can see everyone of your 46574 screw holes, miss matched corners, glue drips, sharp corners, etc.... Not trying to be rude to you at all, just trying to keep it real.

Big reason, didn't have any cash for the body filler

I would have bought body filler to fill in the holes, but hey it is what it is, and I know you're not trying to be rude, and I appreciate the constructive criticism.

This is also the first time I ever painted a box, but won't ever be my last, and when I do another box, I'll take your advice in consideration for sure.

:drink40:

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

bassing on a budget, feel ya there lol. I love everything you can paint with plastidip, just don't rub it too much or you'll rub it off.

keep it up, I want to see it playing.

Hopefully with 5 coats, it doesn't come off lol

Also gonna let the plastidip completely dry before putting the box in

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

It'll still come off. But my question, same thing not trying to be over critical, is why didn't you center the port so that you didn't have edges cut off on the one side? Seems like you had plenty of room to do it. I'm glad you got another one done though man.

BTW, Poor mans putty, saw dust and wood glue! Mix it together, fill the holes and gaps, and once dry sand er down! Just as good as body filler, when you're on a budget. Learned that in wood shop in highschool. Still use it to this day!

Keep on moving forward man, you're doing well!

It'll still come off. But my question, same thing not trying to be over critical, is why didn't you center the port so that you didn't have edges cut off on the one side? Seems like you had plenty of room to do it. I'm glad you got another one done though man.

BTW, Poor mans putty, saw dust and wood glue! Mix it together, fill the holes and gaps, and once dry sand er down! Just as good as body filler, when you're on a budget. Learned that in wood shop in highschool. Still use it to this day!

Keep on moving forward man, you're doing well!

I'm a little confused on the port thing, you are talking about the ring that surrounds the port in the front of it?

I'll keep the putty in mind :)

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Oh wait, if you're talking about the port holders and that missing gap, I was trying to keep the port on the bottom as much as possible because I was concerned about the port touching the baskets of the woofers, so I had to draw the circle on the bottom, which made me get the gap there.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Function > appearance... for beat on the cheap, you're doing it right.

If the finish starts to bug you, make a trip to the fabric store like Adam did.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Function > appearance... for beat on the cheap, you're doing it right.

If the finish starts to bug you, make a trip to the fabric store like Adam did.

Yeah, you're right, the box may not look the best, but it's still a very strong box, and the port doesn't budge either.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived