Jump to content

Trippi's Hummer the Final Chapter (Eye Candy on page 36 & 52)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Yeah, I would never use a 21" Way too much moving mass for the motor...specially 3" VC. and yeah, Im looking for a flat response from 25-65 hz. But will still play below 25hz but i suspect it starts to drop off.

Jays truck initial testing from 25hz to 55hz was with-in 2 dbs. I didnt test about 55 im sure it was still flat...but it started to drop off below 25. It'd play 18-20 tho.

Oh, well I know that particular model has a 3" voice coil, but it's not rated very high anyways, 2k continuous and 4k max.

But for it's size, I figured a manufacturer would "scale up" everything, so a 3" voice coil for a 15 would be scaled up to a 6" voice coil for the 21". I've seen some 6" vice coil 21" subs floating around but mainly for general purpose PA setups. And with everyone else saying that it's too much mass for the magnet and too much cone area, those are just design obstacles that the manufacturer can adjust if they were wanting to build a brutal 21" subwoofer. And I think that it would be for those "just because" guys. A 21" sub that handles 6k continuous, and 10k max (rated) and a peak to peak travel of 5+inches with it's cone area is alot of displacement in the low low frequencies. It may not be for car audio guys, but definitely for the dancehall and reggae guys.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Posted

Oh yeah forsure. The main problem with the huge subs and high spl is maintaining cone control. SPL build i like to use 15s. Groundpounding 18s.

Posted

Sorry guys...you may be getting ready to hire a hitman on me...but we just changed things up again. Drastically lol. All the crossfire subs are sold for starters...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 485 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...