yungw33z

best .5 stable amp for 2000 RMS

44 posts in this topic

hey wassup people i have 2 dual 2 ohm subs i need a amp to power them i have them wired with 4gauge wires at a .5 ohm resistance i need a good amp around 2000 rms any suggestions please let me know i need a amp that does rated power

budget : $350 shipped

or make life alot easier without possibly frying amp get one that does 2000 at 2 ohms ?

1 person likes this

Option 1 - Rockford t2500bdcp at 2 ohm.

Option 2 - buy the right subs

Only option. Don't run amps at .5 ohm

Why not get 2 1000 watt amps and strap them at 2 ohms?

Only option. Don't run amps at .5 ohm

Especially with 4 gauge... If you buy an amp that will actually do 2k at 2 ohms it will def. need 0 gauge

Why not get 2 1000 watt amps and strap them at 2 ohms?

2 AQ 750s could do this for $400 I think. Forget what they cost.

you serioisly dont need to use 4awg for speaker wire... seriously, 8awg is plenty enough overkill.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Wagonized
      Im really curious if you guys were going to build a van with a big setup (160+) for demos, to be musical around town etc.  The van has to look good and still be very very driveable.

What type of van would you use  and why?

Also would like to know what your favourite vans are that are currently competing or have in the past?  Favourite by looks, favourite by their setup, or favourite because a mixture of both.

The more pics the merrier....

Thanks for your time
    • By mbdblue
      I have these posted on ebay but I figured I'd post them here too....Selling my 2 SA-8v2s, I have 3 but the last one has a chipped basket (top part that makes no difference). If your interested in all 3 let me know...with the gasket on, you can't tell.
      I bought these from a member on CACO a while back as motors and baskets; reconed them, and have been running them for 5 months without issues. they have some scuffs/scratches on the motors and paint missing from the previous owner sanding down the old glue, but with the gasket on you can't tell. Coils still look good. Looking to get 130 shipped a piece, they are something like 18lbs. I also made mini-crates for them to ship in since I didnt want to risk it. 

• By Seth Touchet
      I have a 15 inch obsidian audio v3 dual 2 ohm and i need help with the design of a inverted enclosure. I can do the building part its just the technical part im not good at. I would like it to be tuned to 33-36 hz. I plan on  putting around 600-700 watts on it.
    • By mbdblue
      Some of the pics were lost to my old desktop that shit the bed...it wasn't very interesting. The speaker install (Helix Espirit 6.5 components in the front and 5.25 coaxes in the back doors), Dynamatted the doors, hatch, and roof, Installed the Eclipse CD5030, and ran the 0 gauge front to back. I also tinted the car (doors are 35%, quarters and rear are 20%) and removed the roof rails.
      With this build I'm trying to use some tips and methods I'm not used to...Some I picked up from you guys and some from CAF. I want to finish the box with trim panels vinyl and carpet that match the interior. The amps will be under a false floor so all you'll see is the sub box. As far as glass goes, Ill probably be doing none....although it tends to find it's way in my builds somehow. Set up won't be huge power since my bank account wouldn't like it but I'll try to make it different. box will be 3 SA-8 V2s on my Atomic 1600.1 (still for sale, but won't sell so Ill be using it until it does)
      my pics are kinda all mixed up so the first few may be random shit I did before the box....
      started with some bus bars....

• By fecupe2001
      Many people sent me some comments and messages on my youtube channel saying that the 2 10s we built last year is the biggest hairtrick they have seen on small cone area so they inspired me to really step it up this time and try to do some nice hairtricks (nothing crazy) on even smaller cone area, but also, on less power and keeping the back seat, i bought myself a 2013 Kia Picanto for daily since i already had 3 audio cars lol, but anyways, this is my 4th car and need to mantein it as stock as i can since i take my kid to school everyday on it.
      2 10s hairtricking on a 5k wired at 1 ohm
      Anyways, we´ll see if we can archive our goal, if not, at least i hope it gets loud on small power and cone area for daily

Car: 2013 Kia Picanto
      Electrical: 2 runs of CCA Soundquest wires, big3 and a single Stinger SPV35 battery, stock alternator
      Mids/highs: 2 Massive Ma6 mids and 2 Massive T50 bullet tweeters, OEM front speakers on the dash since the car doesnt even have door speakers
      Amplifier for mids/highs: Tiny little small Stetsom VS400.4
      Amplifier for subs: American Bass VFL120.1 wired at 1 ohm
      Subwoofers: x2 Massive Hippo 84
      Box: 4th order bandpass
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 1,160 Guests (See full list)