Different sized rear batteries..

Different sizes are OK as long as they are the same brand and type battery. Ideally they should be the same size but different sizes will still work.

The main issue is that when they are of different types, one may have a slightly higher resting voltage than the other. Even if this is a few milivolts, the higher batt will charge the lower batt, when that drops down then it will feed back off of the lower batt. And this happens over and over and over and the plates heat up and cause the batts to wear down prematurely.

While you have a very valid point, IMHO if you have all brand new batteries, this doesn't really happen.

Not true, Certain AGM batts may rest at 12.8 while certain wet cells may rest at 12.6. Even brand new, fully charged. DONT MIX TYPES

I have AGM batteries in the back that rest at 13-13.1, and my front flooded battery rests at 12.8.

I can turn off the car, come back 2 days later and everything is still sitting at 13-13.1. So whatever parasitic draw caused by the front battery is negligible in my case.

I call BS on that. And I doubt you've had your jeep sitting for 2 whole days since you put those batteries in.

I've seen this happen personally a few times, it's easy to notice when you only have one battery in the rear....harder with a large bank. Regardless, it's still not ideal to mix brands. A wet cell in the front isn't even something I'd mix in.

Call bs all you want. Make a road trip up and see for yourself :D

If I had an issue with drainage, I wouldn't run a flooded battery up front. But as it is right now, I don't have any issues, my setup works fine, and I don't see much reason to spend a couple hundred on a new battery to fix a problem that I don't have.

If I had an issue with drainage, I wouldn't run a flooded battery up front. But as it is right now, I don't have any issues, my setup works fine, and I don't see much reason to spend a couple hundred on a new battery to fix a problem that I don't have.

If it aint broke, don't fix it? lol

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

snowdrifter knows everything so your all wrong and only he is right

the resting voltage can stay 13.1 when batts are wired together they share resting voltage does not mean you are not killing there life cycle

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

So you clearly know something I don't.

So please, explain it to me, alpine.

They are both batteries, they both hold a charge, there is no parasitic draw, and the only difference is that one has the electrolyte soaked up in a glass mat vs. Pooling around the plates. Enlighten me: what is the problem?

and your precious batteries will last half as long

you might not have any "issues" as of now but slowly your killing the batteries you spent so much on

and id like to know what battereis you have that rest at 13 volts

Do you have multiple personalities or some shit man... cause a few posts up you just said he was all good, that its fine..now you say the opposite... wtf?

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

and your precious batteries will last half as long

you might not have any "issues" as of now but slowly your killing the batteries you spent so much on

and id like to know what battereis you have that rest at 13 volts

Do you have multiple personalities or some shit man... cause a few posts up you just said he was all good, that its fine..now you say the opposite... wtf?

he said not to mix wet cell and agm, he was responding to snow drifter i believe?

So you clearly know something I don't.

So please, explain it to me, alpine.

They are both batteries, they both hold a charge, there is no parasitic draw, and the only difference is that one has the electrolyte soaked up in a glass mat vs. Pooling around the plates. Enlighten me: what is the problem?

I'd like to hear a more in depth explanation as well, ive just seen many people advise not to mix wet cell and agm....

Edited by zack_e89

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

looks like you ignored this post

The main issue is that when they are of different types, one may have a slightly higher resting voltage than the other. Even if this is a few milivolts, the higher batt will charge the lower batt, when that drops down then it will feed back off of the lower batt. And this happens over and over and over and the plates heat up and cause the batts to wear down prematurely

will it work yes will you get more amps yes will it shorten the life of your batts YES there is your problem

that is the only draw back kthanksbye Mr. knowitall

Have you ever had your woofers blown?