Good voltage too good to be true?

Sooo I got a voltmeter in the mail yesterday and threw it in the car hooked up to my sub amp....driving voltage stayed in low 14s high 13's...resting voltage with the acc on was about 12.3.....Then I tested it and let the subs rip full tilt on some decaf and the voltage stayed in the mid to low 13's and high 12's. So I took my multimeter and put it to the sub amp to double check and make sure the voltmeter wasn't trickin me..it read the same exact thing!...Is it true that my voltage could stay that good? I only have the stock battery and stock 160 amp alt right now with the big three and I'm running a bxi2607d and a p400.4 off of that..

Also I did mount a 1.5 amp bat charger in the trunk and I've been pluggin it in for the last 2 nights since I got the charger...

Edited by BEEMDUB

I guess I have to ask....what volt meter?

This one I adjusted it and it was exactly on point with my multimeter

And what car??..(the dodge?) My stock DENSO kicked ass... For a stock unit, ... Also ?160amp?

07 Dodge Charger and yep I'm almost positive mines a 160 amp one

If they are both reading the same I'd say you are golden, the odds of 2 diff. meters giving an identical, and off, reading has got to be almost impossible.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

If they are both reading the same I'd say you are golden, the odds of 2 diff. meters giving an identical, and off, reading has got to be almost impossible.

hmm well now I'm wondering how the hell my stock electrical is stabily keeping almost 3k of wattage going...

hmm well now I'm wondering how the hell my stock electrical is stabily keeping almost 3k of wattage going...

impedance rise probably