Center Channel

well first your gonna need a 5.1 type source unit or a processor thats going to convert to a "virtual" 5.1 output. then you get your speakers and amp and hook it up where you think it sounds the best....for a center channel. I have never been a fan of the 5.1 in cars and think that with time and lots of listening/testing, you can get as good if not better than 5.1 off of a regular 4 channel setup.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

What about using an audiocontrol ESP3 to process the sound and then put an amp on that output.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

I havent used that unit but I believe that would fall into the processor thats going to convert to a "virtual" 5.1 output part I mentioned earlier.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest MegaloManiac
With the right amount of time alignment and staging / tuning / speaker placement a front stage is really all you will need to make your music slap you right in the face. virtual center channel FTL

music slapping you in the face FTL

• 2 weeks later...

3sixty.2 has a center output ;) I personally dont use it........

also a two channel set up with a clean center channel should sound good (if done right) but i agree, 5.1 isnt really necessary unless video is the backbone of your system (like in a big van or SUV with lots of screens and a car full of kids).

meglo, just out of curiosity, why do you have me and logan in your sig?

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

3sixty.2 has a center output ;) I personally dont use it........

also a two channel set up with a clean center channel should sound good (if done right) but i agree, 5.1 isnt really necessary unless video is the backbone of your system (like in a big van or SUV with lots of screens and a car full of kids).

meglo, just out of curiosity, why do you have me and logan in your sig?

yea was just thinking same thing, i was like... uhh i havnt posted anything here

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

• 1 year later...

you can get a center signal by a Left plus right without any processing. Hell if you have a 2 channel amp powering your front stage you can use the L+ and R- leads to power the center channel which is how we did it back in the early days of the 90's. further with how I mentioned above you can build it's own passive network for the center or for all 3 and also add an attenuation circuit to match the output with the rest of the speakers.

properly recorded 5.1 is going to be hard to beat with 2 channel but it is very possible for someone that knows what they are doing. I proved it recently but call it luck... ;) the reason being is the recording artist adds what he thinks it should be at...

watch the eagles Hotel California DVD Audio disc with DTS Hotel California, the mixer moves you around the stage a bit, as Don Henley becomes predominant in the left channel for a few seconds then back to center, like he had to get up and fart then come back.

But the best way to add one is to go for it and cut the dash, drop it in, and tune it... depending where the placement is in reference with the windshield, you are going to get a hump a 2k hz and will need to back it down

make sure the speakers are all the same also, as not to mix the tone/timber up

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields