Senior Thesis Paper On Car Audio NEED HELP!!!!

Okay, I know I'm kind of a n00b on this forum but I really need some help from you guys.

I am a senior in high school (12th grade) and I have to write a 6-8 page paper as a final exam.

I chose my topic to be car audio because its one of the things I enjoy most.

I was going to do the history of car audio, like who started it, why it started, and stuff like that but my teacher said I can put that in my paper, but the main idea of the paper has to be a debate of some sort.

So I decided to do the idea of whether or not loud systems in cars should be illegal or not.

Obviously they shouldn't be illegal, but I need help supporting it. This is where you fine people of the SMD forum come in.

I REALLY need any help, ideas or anything that you guys can give me.

Feel free to ask any questions you have, any help would be much appreciated.

-Peter

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix

Currently:

Powder coated 300amp Mike Singer Alt

(1) XS Power D3400

(1) XS Power D3100

Future:

CT Sounds CT2200.1D

DC Audio 15" M2 XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

Just say it is similar to something like... gun control, spend a couple pages saying why it is like it, couple pages why it isn't, profit.

start by listing points of why it should be illegal

and then why it shouldnt.

One reason it shouldnt be, is because there is no proper way to distinguish "loud" from normal. It's subjective.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I'm tempted to write your first few paragraphs. lol.

Just explain the negative aspects of car stereo and how society looks down upon it. List as many as you can on a piece of paper, and turn each one of those into a paragraph. Then, list the counter arguments on another piece of paper and turn those into their own paragraphs. I'm sure a few of the topics you come up with can be turned into two parapgraphs if you're good.

Issue is, the main reason people hate car stereo is because assholes give us a bad name at stoplights. The argument is logically sided in our favor. You could probably get away with having more of your paragraphs focus on how car stereo is a healthy and fun hobby that will disprove any other theory saying its a nuisance.

Good luck, man.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

if people think car audio is stupid, then they have to think that drag racing is stupid. and skeet shooting. and golf. and basketball. and football. and all the other sports.

you try to be louder/better than somebody else. thats the whole point pretty much, in the competition world at least

You'll need to put yourself in 3 different mindsets, no matter what your ACTUAL stance on the topic is.

For the a few paragraphs/pages of the paper, write from the "basshead's perspective," arguing why it shouldn't be illegal, the benefits (it gives you something to do other than bad shit, for instance), and things like that.

For the new few, right from the complete opposite. Assume the position of the "anti-boomcar" people. Argue the bad things (noise violations, the statistics of how often its related to drugs blah blah blah)

And for the last few, assume the position of a completely unbiased party. It's usually a good idea to focus on a "compromise" in this type of paper, so go for it.

Good luck!

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

I wrote a very similar paper 3-4 years ago...sell it to ya for $300 :D jk. I did a background on audio, tried to find information on low frequency hearing damage, and compared it to loud motorcycles and how those are not bothered.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I'm tempted to write your first few paragraphs. lol.

Just explain the negative aspects of car stereo and how society looks down upon it. List as many as you can on a piece of paper, and turn each one of those into a paragraph. Then, list the counter arguments on another piece of paper and turn those into their own paragraphs. I'm sure a few of the topics you come up with can be turned into two parapgraphs if you're good.

Issue is, the main reason people hate car stereo is because assholes give us a bad name at stoplights. The argument is logically sided in our favor. You could probably get away with having more of your paragraphs focus on how car stereo is a healthy and fun hobby that will disprove any other theory saying its a nuisance.

Good luck, man.

You can write something for me to go off of if you want! hahaha. And That's actually a really good idea, thanks man!

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix

Currently:

(1) XS Power D3400

(1) XS Power D3100

Future:

CT Sounds CT2200.1D

DC Audio 15" M2 XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

I wrote a very similar paper 3-4 years ago...sell it to ya for $300 :D jk. I did a background on audio, tried to find information on low frequency hearing damage, and compared it to loud motorcycles and how those are not bothered.

Haha wanna give it to me?? And thats a good idea, I'll have to use that.

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix

Currently:

(1) XS Power D3400

(1) XS Power D3100

Future:

CT Sounds CT2200.1D

DC Audio 15" M2 XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS