Jamie.. Dustcap styles don't matter? Why? Because Id be too busy admiring everything else hahah

But.. Hmm.. I think plastic for you. You're OCD, so not only will you line up the logos.. you'd probably try to line up the CF lines :lol:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

That's a crazy look with those thick surrounds. In My opinion I'd chosen the CF but taking in consideration that one doesn't have "DC" on it I'd choose the original caps. But hey that's me and my weird ocd. I like things to match.

Awesome job dude. Keep up with the great work.

I've always like XL's but they are looking rather beastly with the recones. :o

Ohhh I have plenty of white logos for the carbon fiber dustcap, I just never installed it since I was scared that I'd never get it straight....

I too like everything to match. If you look closely at the CF dustcaps, one is "shinier" then the other. Always bothered me.

I think I got one of the first CF caps that DC made and it wasn't as polished as the others.

I originally had a damaged sub which Rusty kindly swapped for me which got me a newer (shinier) dustcap.

So I always wanted to do something about it....

Thanks for the compliments, Sir :good:

Jamie.. Dustcap styles don't matter? Why? Because Id be too busy admiring everything else hahah

But.. Hmm.. I think plastic for you. You're OCD, so not only will you line up the logos.. you'd probably try to line up the CF lines :lol2:

Haha, I was worried about the CF lines :D

I was thinking that I'd have to line those up, apply the logos and then apply the dustcaps on the subs and then make sure they're both straight..... :trippy:

With all said and done, I think everything came out OK. Guess we'll see when they go in. :fingerscrossed:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

cf cough cough cf....lol what ever you decided is just fine...your build your rules...this thing is soo kick ass that anyone who says other wise is just jealous haha...

subs are looking good I love they way my xl 10's look with cf dust caps....just soo pretty haha...keep it up man!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Quick update on the recones.

Had a competition last Sunday and they worked great.

The system sounds louder and seems to have more flex, although my scores were quite a bit lower but I may just need some tuning time on the meter.

I'll get to all the pics and updates but for now............

A new video of the actuated rear seat (other one was bad quality) AND the fresh recones with the dustcaps I selected :D

Overall the recones came out GREAT. Lovin' them.

Much more to come. :good:

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

Nice job.

Ive heard from more than one that the AR surrounds do affect scores. Down in most cases. Less actuall cone, or some affect like that, but, im sure you can find what you loose somewhere and make it up, as well as the added benifit of them staying together up at the extreme.

Great job bro. :)

Nice job.

Ive heard from more than one that the AR surrounds do affect scores. Down in most cases. Less actuall cone, or some affect like that, but, im sure you can find what you loose somewhere and make it up, as well as the added benifit of them staying together up at the extreme.

Great job bro. :)

Thanks Dude!

Strangely it seems like I lost dBs wired at 1ohm but gained when wired to 0.25ohms...

This latest competition had a Trunk limit of 4kW so I had to stay at 1ohm which hurt my score.

I'll do more testing though to see the differences.

My peak may have changed as well so I had to do sweeps which, I think, also may have negatively affected me.

Yep, I definitely lost cone area with the AR's, not much, but a little. But gained in excusion with the surround. Soooooo, which is better :unknw:

Love the new silver CF dust caps. Looks sexy with the brushed aluminium.

Good luck finding those hidden DB's.

Great finished product.

Thank you Sir. I'm loving the silver as well. They do look cool with the aluminum panel which is what I was going for. :good:

Ohhhhhh I'll find them dB's. ;)

On a side note.

Who HATES changing their subwoofer wiring to change their ohm load?

<<<This guy had about 5 layers of trim panels to get through and was fed up with that shit only after one change.

So he did something about it which makes it MUCH easier.

...details coming.

:ninja:

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

WHERE THE DAMN VIDEOS OF IT PLAYING DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, sort of. Looks good man, and the silver caps are gonna have to grow on me. I kind of liked the black ones better. I might have gone black cf caps with a black dc logo. Black on black. Still see the logo when you look but just blacked out otherwise. Yummmm.

Anyway. What was squeaking in the video. Is that the seat rubbing together, or is that the actuator? Still one of, if not my favorite, builds on this site.

You da man buddy!! Way to change the game! :drink40:

WHERE THE DAMN VIDEOS OF IT PLAYING DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, sort of. Looks good man, and the silver caps are gonna have to grow on me. I kind of liked the black ones better. I might have gone black cf caps with a black dc logo. Black on black. Still see the logo when you look but just blacked out otherwise. Yummmm.

Anyway. What was squeaking in the video. Is that the seat rubbing together, or is that the actuator? Still one of, if not my favorite, builds on this site.

You da man buddy!! Way to change the game! :drink40:

Well, in fact, I do have a vid of them playing... ;)

I'll post it up tomorrow.

I have LOTS of pics of the subs if the video didn't properly showcase them. I see what you're saying though. I did really like the black CF and the shiny rubberized surround on the paper cones.

Yep, the squeaking is just the seat squeezing in and out of the side seat bolsters. Its a tight fit so there's some squeaking.

Its always done that, even with manually moving the seats. Most likely the leather rubbing on leather. Cloth seats would probly be more quiet.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Archived