32-BackinChassis_zps7267b0d2.jpg

33-BackinChassis_zps8a7bd600.jpg

On the test bench to try it out:

34-TestFire_zpsbc775d1a.jpg

No magic smoke.....we have success! :good:

Here's how she sits currently:

365P200Testfitandwire5_zpsa4bcb618.jpg

A little trivia for all the new school kids:

The Punch200 was so good in the early 90's that MANY car audio review magazines named it their new Reference Amplifier to test other amps against. One of my favorite amps Rockford Fosgate has ever produced and it started the trend on a lot of new emerging technologies: End-caps to hide your wires. DSM "surface mount" components to make the board smaller, more producible and reliable.

And with a little tilt:

365P200Testfitandwire3_zpsd6e2e2f9.jpg

365P200Testfitandwire1_zpsf8c33db3.jpg

365P200Testfitandwire2_zps25da7509.jpg

This is just a quick test fit on the amp rack.

There's more to come :lildevil:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I bet that 100 rms per channel rating is an understatement

I don't have a bench DC power supply large enough to properly test it, but I'd agree that its well over that 100 number....

Hmmm, maybe I could try something out with it mounted in the car....

Lemme see what I can do!

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

Wicks..

well done.

I remember a CSR mag naming that amp, as their new REF amp. Shit, they probably still use it.. LOL.

Also, great refurb on the unit. (great find on the bummer FET) And, such a great mix of new school and OLD school goodness.

I salute you my friend. That is some of the coolest work ive seen in SOME time bro. WELL DONE !!..

Got something in the mail last week.

352sunflash_zps65d9d1fe.jpg

Never fiberglassed in my life so I had a crash course over the weekend.

I was really intrigued by this new product of Meade's since there's no mixing and it cures in the sun.

BUT, when you have a tiny one-stall garage that's full of stuff...and you're modifying your rear seat (something you can't remove to place it in the sun) and it was an interesting couple of days.

:o

Bummer you didn't put at least some of it on in direct sunlight for best results. It's kinda tough to get it to set off in the shade of a vehicle's interior. I am glad it eventually did though.

I usually do just enough to pop it out of the car and then i do the rest outside. Ain't no 1hr waiting time with this stuff in direct sunlight...more like 1 minute. I hope to have a portable UV light with enough intensity to get the job done in a shady area soon though.

do me a flavor' bro...try a piece or 2 outside in the sunlight, just for the heck of it, so you can see it in action :D

oh, btw: everything is looking great on this build! Love what you did with the internal amp wiring. Nice touch.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Nice man. good work :drink40:

Wicks..

well done.

I remember a CSR mag naming that amp, as their new REF amp. Shit, they probably still use it.. LOL.

Also, great refurb on the unit. (great find on the bummer FET) And, such a great mix of new school and OLD school goodness.

I salute you my friend. That is some of the coolest work ive seen in SOME time bro. WELL DONE !!..

Thank you, Sir!

I'm not sure if i should like you for all the great stuff you're doing or if i should hate you.... LOL

damn looks good, and i like the amp rack even more!!

:D Thanks!

Damn you're extremely knowledgable about amp tapography and repair!

Thanks!. It helps to have a schematic which is rather hard to come by especially on these old amps.

Sorry for some of the fuzzy pictures. I'll work on getting some much better close ups with a better camera to really do this thing justice.

I'll also work on getting some output numbers as well. It would be great to quote some real numbers for an old school amp like this.

Thanks all! Much appreciated.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Got something in the mail last week.

Never fiberglassed in my life so I had a crash course over the weekend.

I was really intrigued by this new product of Meade's since there's no mixing and it cures in the sun.

BUT, when you have a tiny one-stall garage that's full of stuff...and you're modifying your rear seat (something you can't remove to place it in the sun) and it was an interesting couple of days.

:o

Bummer you didn't put at least some of it on in direct sunlight for best results. It's kinda tough to get it to set off in the shade of a vehicle's interior. I am glad it eventually did though.

I usually do just enough to pop it out of the car and then i do the rest outside. Ain't no 1hr waiting time with this stuff in direct sunlight...more like 1 minute. I hope to have a portable UV light with enough intensity to get the job done in a shady area soon though.

do me a flavor' bro...try a piece or 2 outside in the sunlight, just for the heck of it, so you can see it in action :D

oh, btw: everything is looking great on this build! Love what you did with the internal amp wiring. Nice touch.

Thanks Meade, that means a lot! :drinks:

This is my first glass job so I wasn't sure what cloth I should use. I ended up ordering some pretty thin stuff from eBay so I could make sure it would fit all the complex contours.

I did my best to point the car windshield towards the sun so it could hit the resin as much as possible.

I was going to pull it out like you suggested, but it was still too flimsy so I had to do another couple applications of resin and cloth to strengthen it up.

After I popped it out, it needed a couple of touch-ups in certain corners so I did do some applications in direct sunlight and I have to say that Sunflash is AWESOME!

Super easy, no mixing, started to setup right away but I had plenty of time to apply the resin as I needed to.

A couple minutes later and it was SOLID... :trippy:

I did look around for a UV light, but couldn't find anything reasonable or intense enough to do the job so adding that option to your products would be a great idea.

Right now my biggest worry is how I'm going to wrap my vinyl around the complex corners I have in this trim piece....

I've never wrapped any vinyl before either... :(

Thanks for checking out my build. Stay tuned, now that the bulk of the foundation is complete, there's going to be a lot of good stuff happening. :D

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

I'm not sure if i should like you for all the great stuff you're doing or if i should hate you.... LOL

damn looks good, and i like the amp rack even more!!

You could do what I do with him.................. :finger: It's the ultimate I love to hate you emoticon. He does such great work he makes me hate my own!

That amp is pure sex by the way! I think that belongs in the 18+ section!

Love what your'e doing!!

Archived