very nice milestone :good::good:

this car is a fabrication wonder world, i know i, and many others, have gained countless ideas from watching this beauty be built.

keep it up!

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

this car is a fabrication wonder world, i know i, and many others, have gained countless ideas from watching this beauty be built.

keep it up!

:blush::drinks: Thanks Dude, means a lot that others could have been inspired by what I've done.

Keepin' it up for sure. I have lots to do yet. ;)

Enjoy , I have my old 2000 323I that just hit 263,000 and still gets me to work and back 100 miles a day so you most definitely have plenty of life left in her!

WHOA 263k! Thats damn impressive. :o

Any major issues with yours?

Sorry if it's already been asked, but how much(if at all) does the extra weight affect performance of the car?

Sweet fuckin car by the way

Thanks Man, good question.

I would estimate I've added a good 400lbs in everything so its definitely weighed it down a bit.

It has H&R springs and Koni Sport shocks on it and I just found out recently that the rear (and probly front) shocks are all blown out. :(

So the weight has taken quite a toll, but then they do have about 60k miles on them so maybe they're just end of life...

I'm going to have to replace all the shocks here in the near future, regardless.

Here's a pic of the car as I bought it:

4_zps2hmqbqmp.jpg

Here's a recent one as she sits now:

851-mtevans2_zpsj51bs70y.jpg

Looks like she's squatting down an inch or two.

I haven't run it on the track or anything but it is still fun as hell to drive. Probably doesn't accelerate like it once did BUT.......when all my audio updates are complete, I might start playing with the engine to increase some of that power too! :D

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

keep it up!

:blush::drinks: Thanks Dude, means a lot that others could have been inspired by what I've done.

Enjoy , I have my old 2000 323I that just hit 263,000 and still gets me to work and back 100 miles a day so you most definitely have plenty of life left in her!

Sorry if it's already been asked, but how much(if at all) does the extra weight affect performance of the car?

I would estimate I've added a good 400lbs in everything so its definitely weighed it down a bit.

It has H&R springs and Koni Sport shocks on it and I just found out recently that the rear (and probly front) shocks are all blown out. :(

So the weight has taken quite a toll, but then they do have about 60k miles on them so maybe they're just end of life...

I'm going to have to replace all the shocks here in the near future, regardless.

4_zps2hmqbqmp.jpg

851-mtevans2_zpsj51bs70y.jpg

I haven't run it on the track or anything but it is still fun as hell to drive. Probably doesn't accelerate like it once did BUT.......when all my audio updates are complete, I might start playing with the engine to increase some of that power too! :D

LOL....I don't think you have the great 50/50 weight ratio these cars are famous for anymore ...she's squatting just a little bit but I she sounds so good! . The only issues I've ever really have had is just the normal routine maintenance with exception of the drive shaft universal went out. The one thing that suck with BMW is you can NOT replace it , I had to buy another new drive shaft. What people don't realize and BMW's get a bad rap for from the non-mechanic inclined people is these are the easiest cars I have ever worked on, changed the water one time and it took me a whole 45min. from start to finish and since BMW uses a lot of the same parts for almost all there cars price are not as expensive as a person would think . This was my first BMW and it has me sold on BMW for life!

keep it up!

LOL....I don't think you have the great 50/50 weight ratio these cars are famous for anymore ...she's squatting just a little bit but I she sounds so good! . The only issues I've ever really have had is just the normal routine maintenance with exception of the drive shaft universal went out. The one thing that suck with BMW is you can NOT replace it , I had to buy another new drive shaft. What people don't realize and BMW's get a bad rap for from the non-mechanic inclined people is these are the easiest cars I have ever worked on, changed the water one time and it took me a whole 45min. from start to finish and since BMW uses a lot of the same parts for almost all there cars price are not as expensive as a person would think . This was my first BMW and it has me sold on BMW for life!

HA, yeah no more 50/50 that's for sure.... :P

Although in winter, with snow tires, she does get pretty damn good traction! ;)

WAYY better then any front drive car I've ever driven.

Interesting, good to hear you haven't had many issues.

I've already had the dreaded and massive VANOS implosion so hopefully I don't see anything else.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

So at my previous condo, my tiny garage was so packed with stuff, that I had to park outside most of the time.

All this exposure to the sun left some of the trim on the car a bit roasted.

I noticed recently that my front "Roundel" was looking a bit worse for the wear.

Roundel-Old-REDUCED_zpsrk7uchir.jpg

So I ordered a new one online:

Roundel-Compare-REDUCED_zpsuyytglln.jpg

Installed it:

Roundel-Replaced-REDUCED_zpsfwbkcpkq.jpg

Ohh yeah, much better! :good:

Roundel-New_zpskiog2yoe.jpg

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

and 30.00 dollars later.... lol

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

and 30.00 dollars later.... lol

LOL...its a pricey little piece of plastic isn't it.... <_<

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Archived