Second Skin Audio

45 degree port corners??

How necessary are 45's in a slot port corner?? What exactly would be the benefit of having them, or negative of not having them. As a side note, it'll be a low power scenario (300w) and either 2 10's or 1 15. Thanks!

2000 Jeep Cherokee

15" Alpine Type R box build coming soon!

Possabilitys that i have seen/heard.. It can help increase air flow, a guess bracing to a point, can lower internal volume (also can change tuning). Can help with score, can make it worse. Can sound better to ear but worse on meter, could sound worse to ear but better on meter,

About it i think..

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

It's not necessary. mainly it just helps smooth out airflow through the port. but with a low power setup like yours, it's not really that important. more than likely you won't hear a difference at all.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

they increase the efficiency of the port, same as a flare does on PVC

well in some setups it does, some it actually loses efficiency. its like aerodynamics, you can guess it to a certain point, but some things you just have to test in your particular application.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

They keep the port the same width as it transitions around the corner. The port actually widens and shrinks and ideally you want to keep it the same width which is where the corner piece comes into play.

Unless you are doing something high power or playing with a meter it won't make much of a difference at all to the ear.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew