big dee Posted May 8, 2012 Report Posted May 8, 2012 That saw dust was probly not good for the coil from causing friction. It looks like you had a good bit built up. I've seen dusty subs but Dawm! Must have left the dust in the box after you cut out for the subs or something. Wet vacuum works great for this. You got sweep the box out with a brush to get it good and clean.
HunterJohnson Posted May 8, 2012 Report Posted May 8, 2012 pretty sure he blew them on purpose lol... Scion tC SQ BuildiPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily drivenFord Explorer C Pillar Wall Build Just a cheap car to destroy with bass
AI James Posted May 8, 2012 Report Posted May 8, 2012 um no he didnt purposely blow 2k worth of subwoofers
jg23 Posted May 8, 2012 Author Report Posted May 8, 2012 Big dee: yea there was saw dust in the box from cutting out the port but I wasn't at home so I was just trying to hurry so ray could close up. And I didn't blow them on purpose but I already knew the chances of blowing them but i didn't really worry about it. Shit happens 2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0 Build Log UBL My YouTube channel
PowerHouse407 Posted May 8, 2012 Report Posted May 8, 2012 dang. those woofers always looked funny to me. 2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+ AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435
AA98hoe Posted May 8, 2012 Report Posted May 8, 2012 Throw some mayhems in there all call it a day.... I haven't done anything to my system since putting them in months back..an I beat on it hard TEAM DC AUDIO VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop HEADUNIT:alpine 9886 PREAMP:arcaudio FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4 REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back BATTERIES:6-d1400s TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.
jg23 Posted May 8, 2012 Author Report Posted May 8, 2012 Throw some mayhems in there all call it a day.... I haven't done anything to my system since putting them in months back..an I beat on it hard I got a different sub on the way already. Should handle the power just fine 2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0 Build Log UBL My YouTube channel
jg23 Posted May 30, 2012 Author Report Posted May 30, 2012 Anyone know if they are for sale? I wasn't planning on selling them but I'm open to offers 2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0 Build Log UBL My YouTube channel
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.