First time FIBERGLASS! **door panels 6.5" mid range 99 jeep grand cherokee

np! you can PM me if you have other questions. i know a few tricks and techniques that may help too.

and they also have fiberglass rollers you can use instead of paint brushes. i've never used one so i'm not sure how effective they are at getting air bubbles out. but i'd assume they'd be very successful on the flat surfaces of your box

OP, look through this thread. this will show you how to do it RIGHT

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114881-silverado-by-epicenter-designs/page__hl__crescendo__fromsearch__1

and this is the picture i was trying to find on how it SHOULD look

Sam_02.jpg

if you don't have enough resin to do that, stop the project.

WOW im speechless but check out youtube ,fiberglass forums to learn or pickup glassman and/or caraudiohelp.com DVD

i failed on my try i still learn new stuff all the time

but i would start over and dont rush and get u an gal not a qt of resin

1996 Chevy Tahoe

AKA My SQ Hoe

Pioneer AVH-X2800BS

Precision Power PC.18DS

MB Quart NA540.6

Skar Audio RP-2000.1D

55-3210 -  8 Inch MCM AUDIO SELECT

Rockville RXM64

Tymphany BC25SC06-04

Kenwood KFC-1795PS

I just dont like when im told there is no way to fix it. I am on a teenage budget and this door will be fine for what im looking for.

Yet your sig has over $10k of equipment in it? Maybe you should hire your install to be done.

Suburban Build Log

"So much money and time spent making copper winding move up and down a magnetic pole"

DC Audio Eclipse

I just dont like when im told there is no way to fix it. I am on a teenage budget and this door will be fine for what im looking for.

Yet your sig has over $10k of equipment in it? Maybe you should hire your install to be done.

if you notice it says this...

>>>> ON THE WAY TO... <<<

2 DC 9k amps

4 18" AA/SMD subwoofers

8 kinetic 2400s

2 300 amp alternators

Custom enclosure by TeamHirshAudio

he says he is on the way to all of that... you cant listen to and enjoy hopes and dreams driving around kid!

I'm scared to do my own doors, so props for trying. Words of encouragement? It can't get any worse than this! So only upwards from here...I hope!

Even Steve has some good vids out there showing how to do it right.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Why would they delete the thread?

Silly suggestion hazard.

Someone new could come in here and see how not to do it and read the advice on how to get it done right.

No disrespect meant to the OP by saying that :good:

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

if you notice it says this...

>>>> ON THE WAY TO... <<<

2 DC 9k amps

4 18" AA/SMD subwoofers

8 kinetic 2400s

2 300 amp alternators

Custom enclosure by TeamHirshAudio

he says he is on the way to all of that... you cant listen to and enjoy hopes and dreams driving around kid!

Hopes and dreams? I already have the 9ks, the kinetics, and the alternators? Thats why it is difficult to pay for this stuff i have already spent so much on all this other stuff. I am just waiting for the SMDs to come back in stock. It looks like they havent been on the market in a while does anyone know why? Are they making a newer model or what?

Archived