Sonic Electronix

Mdf sucks to paint. The best way to get a good finish is to coat the box with fiberglass resin and then sand it smooth. Then just paint it like you would anything else

this

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Just painted mine. Besides the physical ugliness of the box. Just painting you're gonna want to sand that bitch till it's exactly how you want it bc paint shows all the flaws. Then you're going to bondo the exposed absorbent edges and sand those. Primer it and sand again and primer one last time sand a last time then paint then bitch it's not too much work. I did mine in a 5 hr shift

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Also a router bit to the inside of the port to sort of round it over and sanding the inside of the baffle where the sub mounts to a round over would give better airflow.

I plan on just putting a 45 degree angle peice in there, how I plan on making a 45 degree angle with the tools that I have is the first step

All of the above is sound advice. But you'd have been better off painting your port before assembling the box. Not a big deal tho, just wouldve been easier to get it done nicely.

I only glued the port walls together. I didn't glue anything else for the sole purpose of being able to take out the port and paint it seperate to the interior of the box

Whoa...you're gonna need more than paint bro. First boxes are always a big learning experience.

Seriously though, sand it all smooth to make the edges flush, it's worth the effort. Then prime it A LOT and smooth that with some 100grit before paint.

how about using a wood filler to make the edges flush? I just got this stuff in today so I'll see how it goes when I start it tomorrow. I'm too tired tonight because this was my first full time week of the summer lol

You're better off using an electric sander. And you'll be surprised at how well mdf sands. Hit it with 40 grit and you'll be able to get the edges flush in an hour. Go over the rough parts with 80-100 grit, and your good. If you have gaps or cracks, fill them with filler, and sand that. Several hours of work is worth it when you end up with a good looking box.

Just keep at it until you're happy with what you've got. And post pics when you're done! :D

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

primer, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, primer, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, primer, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND,primer, SAND, SAND, primer, SAND, color coat, SAND, SAND, another coat, should be good by now, if not MOAR, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND, SAND

i think i might have gotten my point across, no?

Edited by Freshman6969

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

What was step 3? I got confused on that one.

Lulz.

That is the correct way to do it though.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg