Sonic Electronix

How many db's does it take to be heard from 2 blocks away?

My dad was driving my car. I heard it two blocks away. It does a 140 on the termlab.

Windows up I can roll by a cop standing outside of his car full tilt and he won't even look twice at my car.

I roll with my windows down because I gain a little with them down. About a 1-2 DB difference with them down.

who the hell does something to be cool, lol really people are still hung up on that

i got a friend like this, i told him about the burban i got a demo from at slamology, it currently holds park n pound world record. he said, that aint nothing i got clocked doing 139 dbs from 2 blocks away

*pause for LULZ

i dont think he understands the physics involved and the depreciation of DBs over space even without obstacles, let alone a lot of crap being in the way, i tried to explain to him the improbability of that happening mainly due to the burban going from 60s inside vehicle to high 30s just what is it 6 or 9 ft out, and not to mention cops do not carry termlabs with them and/or any kind of sound pressure monitor, at least not around here, lol and even if they did it would be one of those crappy mic ones not made to measure spl or even the app you can get, lol

i have convos with him for the lulz, but he swears by his statements, lol

i think you need some sony xplod 12's in a pro box, you'll be loud as fawkkkkkkk. might want to power them by your deck too, for maximum subsonic sounds....you'll be heard from miles away

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

Their really are too many variables to determine your question. But 1 10 on 100 watts can be heard a couple blocks away.

And on a side note I'm sensing a lot of hypocricy in thise thread. Anyone that has a vehicle that does over 145 db is heard outside the vehicle (not a competition vehicle). So anyone that is wanting a system over 145 has to understand that they are being heard outside the vehicle, even with the windows up. I live out in the country off of a state highway and can hear people all day long with systems. So everybody can jump on the op for stating something that 90% of the contributors in this thread are guilty of themselves. Everyone is going to jump on me for this and I know it. But I don't think it's fair.

Their really are too many variables to determine your question. But 1 10 on 100 watts can be heard a couple blocks away.

And on a side note I'm sensing a lot of hypocricy in thise thread. Anyone that has a vehicle that does over 145 db is heard outside the vehicle (not a competition vehicle). So anyone that is wanting a system over 145 has to understand that they are being heard outside the vehicle, even with the windows up. I live out in the country off of a state highway and can hear people all day long with systems. So everybody can jump on the op for stating something that 90% of the contributors in this thread are guilty of themselves. Everyone is going to jump on me for this and I know it. But I don't think it's fair.

Most factory stereos can be heard outside the car with the windows up.

That's not the point.

The point is that he is doing it only for other people to hear it outside the car. That's just plain stupid.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

can i be heard outside the car? yes, do i try to be? is that my goal? no sir, i thank u for being respectful, so i will not jump on u for it, but i just dnt see it as a direct goal as the OP has...he is misguided and seems to be one of the people that make us all look bad...do i bump at stop lights? during the day (night too if nobody is nearby, the stoplights are like 3/4mils from the nearest house here) do i bump a lot during the day? of course, but not in my neighborhood, not specifically for ppl to hear me, and not by the old folks home/hospital...highway only, if im on the highway, freeway, or interstate, during the day, oh well, its the blasting shit at night i cant stand...so i turn it down after work so that i dnt try to become a nucence (spelling > me lol) but its just kind of a backwards way of looking at it...i was asked the same question by someone i used to work with and jumped their shit too, because thats not what this is about, yes at a certain point u can be heard outside the car, but we dnt go around wondering what we hafta do to do it :)

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

OP, just so you know Takedown504 does installs and gives advice to friends. I've seen some of his videos on youtube. He'd be able to help you be heard from 2 blocks away, and his installs are clean wires are hidden now. Let's count you want 2 blocks away...... We got one, two... that's two blocks. Let's count again one, two that's two blocks away in a Probox.

sounds like common sense about not disturbing the peace or advertising your gear .i can't remember the last time i seen anything as funny as that video lmao

Archived