Sonic Electronix

Alright new on the site, what up everyone

I picked up a cap today at work today off some kid was was trying to buy some new subs n shit at my store. well the cap is dead and i don't really have any experience playin around with them. I know there's a way you charge them for a few seconds and they're good again. I know the cap works but i need to know how to charge it

Someone told me that you need to hook it up let the power run through it but don't turn on the amp for a few minutes. someone else told me to trickle charge it.

Whats your guys method?

2007 Chrysler Pacifica

1 Rockford Fosgate T1 Dual 2

1 Audiopipe 1500.1 Amp

0 gauge.

*New System in the works*

my method would be to not use it, they put more of a strain on your alternator, because its constantly draining and charging.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

caps are worthless, return it and get a battery.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

you use a resister or a car (dc) light bulb. once the light goes out, its charged and safe to install. just hooking it up to the car will create a dead short at first.

BUT, throw the cap away. you just wasted your money on it unless its an ultra cap. and im sure it isnt.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

throw it in the garbage and realize helping the kid was a waste of money. otherwise just hook it up to power and use it. when they are new the come with little resistors but they seem to always pop when i used them. but then again i have not used a cap in 12 years. good batteries are a better investment.

NEUMAN

when i used mine....i just hooked it up and called it good...its only a temporary charge...by the time u can get the charge off and the wires hooked up, it'll have lost the "charge"

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

well i only paid 5 bucks for it so i really dont care at this point, a battery was my original intention but funds are tight at the moment.

Im running 1 rockford T1 dual 2 on an Audiopipe 1500.1 amp right now. Im gonna upgrade in the next coming weeks to 2 T1 dual 4s and get a PPi 1800rms black ice amp. its 1 ohms stable. as for battery wise what would you recommend size wise for something like that?

2007 Chrysler Pacifica

1 Rockford Fosgate T1 Dual 2

1 Audiopipe 1500.1 Amp

0 gauge.

*New System in the works*

throw it in the garbage and realize helping the kid was a waste of money. otherwise just hook it up to power and use it. when they are new the come with little resistors but they seem to always pop when i used them. but then again i have not used a cap in 12 years. good batteries are a better investment.

NEUMAN

when an electrolytic cap is completely discharged, it is a dead short. no resistance. just hooking it up to your car would not be smart.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

How did you determine that the cap was "dead"?

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png