Second Skin Audio

What subs would you run, and why?

I think you are the first person to ever find a way around the vs thread rule.

My first thought exactly.

I would run the fi Q. They sound great and handle 1000+ watts rms.

The old ones, the new ones are rated at 1500 watt´s RMS

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

If we are talking pipe dream,... Probably some DD's... 9515's or the the infamous Z series...

I was looking at DD 35 and 95 series

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Honestly you need to take all of the comparable model subs that you are considering and line them all up next to each other and compare the looks and price for what you want. There is no way that any of us can tell you what sounds better because a) we dont have your vehicle or your ears, and B) none of us have heard all of the subs that are being suggested. We are all going to give you biased opinions based on what we like the best and this is probably going to be the most unbiased post in the thread.

Ascendant, sundown, and DD all make good products and you already have DC and know what it will do, so you cant go wrong either way you choose. You do have m1s though and the m2s are only better....(my biased opinion) :)

If we are talking pipe dream,... Probably some DD's... 9515's or the the infamous Z series...

I was looking at DD 35 and 95 series

Good boy,.... Take a GoooooD look ... 95's are in my future I'm thinking as well.. ; )

Edit- & Cj is spot on...

are you sure its a v2 because those were like 04-05

yes im pretty sure....the magnet at the bottom is flat, and the V3 has a slightly rounder bottom end of the magnet...

i just bought it from a guy....i can get a pic for proof

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Here are just a few subs that come to mind that I would consider for a 1 sub build with your amp.

DC m2 XL

Sundown Nightshade v?(whatever the current one is)

Ascendant Audio Mayhem

DD 9500 Series

All of these are going to be rated about the same and close to the same price point, except maybe the DD, not sure on pricing for it.

Now if you just want sex appeal, it wont be long before I can add a full CF cone to the DC subs at a better price than DD charges.

Archived