Need help with specs for a 18 solo x sub

I have a 98 deville that I want to build a band pass box for a 18inch solo x.my trunk is(41 inches wide x18.5 inches high x 39 inches deep).im looking for very very low and loud bass.my port will be coming through the top deck.can somebody help me with the specs on the build to achieve maximum low's for this sub.the subs says it handles 5,000 rms should I hit the sub with a 5,6,7,or 8,000 rms amp.any insight is greatly appreciated.thanks!

If you visit Kicker.com, the spec revealed that Solo X18 can only handle at least 3,000rms. You might want to take a look at manual on their website if it helps any.

EDIT: That's odd. I went over to see the manual on Kicker.com and it says 4,500w to 5,000rms. I'm a little confused here, lol. But I'll let someone help you on that. Probably it's largely depends on installation, I'd say.

I think the kicker rep left. Their products are pretty overpriced anyways.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

@412 CVX, it doesn't make any sense. The rep left nearly 4 years ago and we hardly see him posting here nowadays. Still, I think it'd be nice to have the Kicker forum open, though. :(

@Rick, have you find anything news about your box design? Don't forget to call Kicker if you have any questions.

Well if he left, he probably wouldn't be posting at all ;)

we're not too big on kicker around here.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

i doubt youd have enough room for a bandpass in the trunk, if i recall right the rating on the solo x was dropped to 2500 rms and for enclosure size i think it tells you to contact kicker

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

I have a 98 deville that I want to build a band pass box for a 18inch solo x.my trunk is(41 inches wide x18.5 inches high x 39 inches deep).im looking for very very low and loud bass.my port will be coming through the top deck.can somebody help me with the specs on the build to achieve maximum low's for this sub.the subs says it handles 5,000 rms should I hit the sub with a 5,6,7,or 8,000 rms amp.any insight is greatly appreciated.thanks!

Please keep reading on this site. I see you're already thinking 4th order from a trunk, with a huge sub and A LOT of power. AND you're thinking of tuning stupid low probably. Just read, read, and read some more. When you think you're done reading, please read some more.

P.S. Welcome to the forum dude :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Solo X 18" likes a HUGE box to begin with, so fitting a bandpass for it I have my doubts on happening. Also, it won't like much over 3-3.5k daily.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Archived