Jump to content

Need help with specs for a 18 solo x sub


Recommended Posts

Posted

That sub will not take anything over 3000w daily, trust me I have tried. This sub like 8ft3 after displacement for a regular ported box. If you want to do a bandpass in a trunk, get yourself a nice pair of 10s or 12s.

Posted

That 5K rating is for burping.. Anything musical at those levels and it's gonna go boom.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

  • 2 months later...
Posted

That sub will not take anything over 3000w daily, trust me I have tried. This sub like 8ft3 after displacement for a regular ported box. If you want to do a bandpass in a trunk, get yourself a nice pair of 10s or 12s.

I completely agree. I ran 2 solo x 18s in my truck and the box was 10cu ft internal volume and tuned to 34hz. The box was originally designed for just 1 solo x, but since I bought another I decided to hack it... Overall they were STARVED for air to say the least. They got loud and low and still had musical quality, but the box was way small. I ran them off of 2 audiopipe 3000d amps @ 2ohms. I would say give them a 2500 rms for the kicker reccomended ported box and 3000rms for 5-8 cubes per sub. If I were you I would seriously consider a wall in my car, otherwise ditch it because you don't have enough space.

Otherwise, get rid of the basket and cone and talk to the woofer builders on here and see if someone can't make you a KILLER 15 that would slam in a smaller 4th order.

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

American Bass VFL 1100.1 12 volt

6 C&D Batteries

2-350A Singer Alternators and Stock Alt

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

2 Sets of Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro Components

Boston Acoustics 2-channel

Lots of Sound Deadener

....Build still in Progress...

  • 2 months later...
Posted

That sub will not take anything over 3000w daily, trust me I have tried.

If you visit Kicker.com, the spec revealed that Solo X18 can only handle at least 3,000rms.

i ran 9krms to mine for a year before i sold it off to someone else...

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

That sub will not take anything over 3000w daily, trust me I have tried. This sub like 8ft3 after displacement for a regular ported box. If you want to do a bandpass in a trunk, get yourself a nice pair of 10s or 12s.

I completely agree. I ran 2 solo x 18s in my truck and the box was 10cu ft internal volume and tuned to 34hz. The box was originally designed for just 1 solo x, but since I bought another I decided to hack it... Overall they were STARVED for air to say the least. They got loud and low and still had musical quality, but the box was way small. I ran them off of 2 audiopipe 3000d amps @ 2ohms. I would say give them a 2500 rms for the kicker reccomended ported box and 3000rms for 5-8 cubes per sub. If I were you I would seriously consider a wall in my car, otherwise ditch it because you don't have enough space.

Otherwise, get rid of the basket and cone and talk to the woofer builders on here and see if someone can't make you a KILLER 15 that would slam in a smaller 4th order.

That sub will not take anything over 3000w daily, trust me I have tried. This sub like 8ft3 after displacement for a regular ported box. If you want to do a bandpass in a trunk, get yourself a nice pair of 10s or 12s.

I completely agree. I ran 2 solo x 18s in my truck and the box was 10cu ft internal volume and tuned to 34hz. The box was originally designed for just 1 solo x, but since I bought another I decided to hack it... Overall they were STARVED for air to say the least. They got loud and low and still had musical quality, but the box was way small. I ran them off of 2 audiopipe 3000d amps @ 2ohms. I would say give them a 2500 rms for the kicker reccomended ported box and 3000rms for 5-8 cubes per sub. If I were you I would seriously consider a wall in my car, otherwise ditch it because you don't have enough space.

Otherwise, get rid of the basket and cone and talk to the woofer builders on here and see if someone can't make you a KILLER 15 that would slam in a smaller 4th order.

Sorry noob, its direct contrariwise. Smaller box than threw the specs you need more power, if you have lower power than threw the specs, you have to build a

bigger box than threw the specs to control the sub.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2517 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...